Dry eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren Nora

5 Year Member
I have a 10 month old leopard tortoise and Ive noticed her eyes look strange to me. I'm always worried about being a good tortoise mom. I'm glad I found this forum! Could someone please look at my pics so i could get some helpful advice?
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum and do you offer daily warm water soaks to your tort? The thing that I see is that your tort looks a bit dry/under hydrated....shallow warm water soaks and a shallow drinking water dish should be part of their daily routine, especially when this young...:D

Siren Nora

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome. I come with many concerns in hopes I'm raising my hatchling in the best manner I can.
She bathes herself everyday. I didn't even think to offer her warm water. Ill be excited In the morning to see her enjoying her first warm bath!
Thank you again for the torti support.

arotester

5 Year Member
You really need to soak young tort for atleast 30 mins daily and also spray some water over them every now and then.After they grow about a year/year and half you can cutback to 3 soaks a week but continue the water spraying.But still doing all this i have seen torts that are dehydrated ,so once or twice in a month give them some watery fruits or veggies.
Hope this helps :)

Siren Nora

5 Year Member
I started bathing her. I actually had the idea to put her in a Lil turtle tub while I shower. All of her color is starting to look good and she seems to be improving fast!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lynnwood, WA
Siren Nora said:
I started bathing her. I actually had the idea to put her in a Lil turtle tub while I shower. All of her color is starting to look good and she seems to be improving fast!

That's great... hydration is really important!

Status
Not open for further replies.