Does anyone Speak German?

JohnnyB65

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA High Desert
Google translate is very bad about structure and all sorts of things. Many says in English don't exist in other languages, shut up in german and afrikaans is very different.
I see what you’re saying and I have the same problem in my own language with MS Word. LOL
Sometimes spellchecker/Grammar checker uses a spelling that is completely inappropriate for what I’m trying to say. I can’t think of an example at the moment, but I have been pretty embarrassed a few different times.:oops:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Doh! I somehow, skipped @Jabuticaba 's post. I'm guessing you probably already got the help you need. She's a nice lady, that one.
Yes She is ....and so many other folks on this forum .....
THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!!..........
The word or "wording" or shall I say ......what you would see most common (of course we need to go back 50 years)
for " Fire Truck" ....or more like " Fire Rescue" .......now I'm giving away a hint at the new Vw project.....;)

I have found this ......
Feuerwehrfahrzeug
Feuerlyschfahrzeug

or simply 'FEUER"

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
So the second word doesn't exist but the first is right. But we say "feuerwehrauto"
Do you have a car like this?!!

Manuela Green

Oklahoma
Ich bin Deutsche...
Hello .....restoring another Vw and was hoping to find someone who spoke German and ask a few questions on some translation and correct German spelling for some detailed wording/ lettering......
Thank you for your time ..
JD~:)

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Cool noch eine deutsche :) woher kommst du?

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I am native Californian....born in the French Hospital in China Town, Los Angeles....I was however raised for a good portion of my young life by my Grandmother--however, she was from Arkansas...Ozarks....don't know how that plays into it...but always remember Pop...not until I was dating this man once did I realize everyone else said Soda....lol....

you got another pop here to lol funny thing is i was born in oregon and raised in mountain home arkansas till i was 14-15 it's a southern thing lol

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Im trying to learn German now...
I would have liked to study German, but I was put down by very many people who said: "It's an extremely difficult language, more difficult than anyone would expect....and so on. So I changed my mind.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
i took german in high school i don't remember to much of it but i'm sure there is a app now, one of my spanish friends when he first moved to Oregon he had a app that he'd talk to on his cellphone and it'd translate it to english and vise versa

i do have another friend that went to college for Vw and only Vw i could probably talk to he's good he's got a nice 63-66 bug that he made into a dragster it's sweet
Dude! I took German all 4 years of high school lol
I was fluent when I graduated, haven't spoken a word of it since and now only remember catch phrases! What a waste...lol

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Dude! I took German all 4 years of high school lol
I was fluent when I graduated, haven't spoken a word of it since and now only remember catch phrases! What a waste...lol
It's too bad after all that effort to learn such a language isn't it? The thing is that if one doesn't practice the language, it is only normal that one will forget it...it's only a matter of time.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
My brother took German and Latin classes in high school, because he wanted the extra credits :rolleyes: but I don't think he can speak them fluently though :(
If he didn't practice the languages reading them out of books and memorizing meanings of words are not enough. I was obliged to learn Arabic because I live in Jordan and despite the fact that English is a second language here, maybe 5% or even less, of the people I met speak the language well! Notice I said "well" and not fluently. Know why? Simply because they learn it to sit for exams and there it ends.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
If he didn't practice the languages reading them out of books and memorizing meanings of words are not enough. I was obliged to learn Arabic because I live in Jordan and despite the fact that English is a second language here, maybe 5% or even less, of the people I met speak the language well! Notice I said "well" and not fluently. Know why? Simply because they learn it to sit for exams and there it ends.
Yes. :p
It was more of an 'obligated curiosity' than he wanted to actually learn them.
I understand. I don't think there would be very 'much' use, right? :)