Does anyone know how old my tortoise is?

Crush da Baum

Location (City and/or State)
Brooksville
I got him from petco almost a year ago and they said he was captive bred but IDK. He is a Russian tortoise.

Last edited:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I got him from petco almost a year ago and they said he was captive bred but IDK.
If he's from Petco chances are he isn't captive bred. There's no way to know for sure but you would need to post a pic for an estimate.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I got him from petco almost a year ago and they said he was captive bred but IDK.
Weird. When I quote your post asking about the bulbs, it quotes this other sentence.

The cfl bulbs should never be used over tortoises. Some of them burn their eyes. We've seen it over and over again. The problem is NOT fixed. The problem has never been fixed. If you feel you need indoor UV, get an HO style tube. Zoomed and Arcadia both make good ones that are effective and long lasting.

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Weird. When I quote your post asking about the bulbs, it quotes this other sentence.

The cfl bulbs should never be used over tortoises. Some of them burn their eyes. We've seen it over and over again. The problem is NOT fixed. The problem has never been fixed. If you feel you need indoor UV, get an HO style tube. Zoomed and Arcadia both make good ones that are effective and long lasting.

Sorry I tried to upload a different post but my iPad was acting weird and I think it kind off combined the two. Thank you so much for the info. I have not been using my uvb light for a couple weeks and just bringing them outside a lot just to be safe until I get a new one.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

Attachments

• 20200219_145404.jpg
    20200219_145404.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Tom