Does anyone know anything, good or bad, about Marcin Makarewicz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
a tortoise breeder in New Jersey?

Considering ordering some torts, but know nothing about him/her, and am leery about sending $$$ to someone unknown.

Thanks for any help.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Googled the name and found a few reports that he/she just might be a scammer, so I'm particularily interested to see if any of you good folks know anything.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
I've read threads here and elsewhere in which people are asking the same question. Apparently he tells people in Canada he can cross border ship to them no prob. lol yeah right. buyer beware.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I have never heard of him, I will add that scammers are wide open these days and I know of many folks that have been scammed in several ways, not just in the reptile industry.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Thanks, gents...my own research today indicates that he/she may well be operating under at least 3 different names...or 3 different people have the exact same sales hustle, word-for-word...

Don't believe we'll be doing business together!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Terry Allan Hall said:
Thanks, gents...my own research today indicates that he/she may well be operating under at least 3 different names...or 3 different people have the exact same sales hustle, word-for-word...

Don't believe we'll be doing business together!

Good choice, avoid the bad and seek the good.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Caution is usually a good way to practice life.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
And really, his prices are only slightly lower than known legit places...that's why I at first wondered if he might be on the up-and-up (usually, scam artists offer goods way cheaper, to catch more suckers)...

Oh, well...my search for another female Eastern Hermann's will just have to continue, and Jennifer will continue to have her new big enclsoure to herself. :p

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Just got a message from a Bruce Skyyway, a Mark Levis and a Leticia Calvo...found their ads on Petads.com, and their prices are suspiciously low...

Wonder if they're all the same person?

I'm thinking that we ought to put together a "sticky" listing scammers, so as to help others from falling for this sort of thing...thoughts?

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Terry Allan Hall said:
Just got a message from a Bruce Skyyway, a Mark Levis and a Leticia Calvo...found their ads on Petads.com, and their prices are suspiciously low...

I'm thinking that we ought to put together a "sticky" listing scammers, so as to help others from falling for this sort of thing...thoughts?

Isn't the "Tortoise Vendor Reviews" area in the Tortoise Marketplace forum for that kind of thing?

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
Terry Allan Hall said:

Good idea. Should try to keep notes on where info is found as well (links to ads, threads etc.)

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Instead of putting a list up of the scammers (in which I agree with), but how about a list of known breeders? If there is already a list excuse this post... I would surely trust the people on this site, before I would just go on-line and try to find someone.

Just a thought...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The problem with putting together a list for scammers are several, they could always change their names and email addresses, plus I am sure there are some legal issues with saying " person X is a scammer" for the site. A list of reputable breeders would be a better idea, plus I believe that is what the vendor review section is for.

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
In the meantime you could do like i did and buy torts off the for sale section on TFO,im sure you already checked that section but im sure someone will come along soon selling wut ur looking for.I agree its tricky mail ordering torts becus sumone has to take the first step and most sellers definitly wont ship til they get money,i jus took a leap of faith and sent my money first but i dont know if id have done it if i hadnt found my new stars from a seller on this forums for sale section.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
♥tortoise♥ said:
did you got your tortoise??

Hi ♥tortoise♥:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself and your tortoise?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
♥tortoise♥ said:
did you got your tortoise??

Ended dealing w/ Underground Reptiles (http://www.undergroundreptiles.com/), out in Deerfield Beach, FL...excellent transactions and ended up getting two more females and a male, at pretty decent prices.

Can heartily recommend these folks, and will add that their prices were only about 10% higher than the scammers...

Will likely do business w/ them again, come spring. :cool:

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Terry Allan Hall said:

Mark Levis is a scammer. Almost got me,but he wanted me to wire money directly to him,which threw up a red flag. So I investigated some more and figured him out.Avoid him like the plague.

Status
Not open for further replies.