Do I look fat in this shell?

Leo1986

5 Year Member
So I've never had a hatchling before my experience with Leo's. My older two can easily retract into their shells if I get on their nerves ... But my hatchling cant really get out of site.
I haven't measured it but I'm almost positive he eats more than anyone else and will often poo during BOTH daily soaks (normal consistency)

So I'm curious if you think he's fat or if it's normal for a hatchling or maybe there is a bigger issue here?? ImageUploadedByTortForum1384651255.843923.jpg

He recently lost his egg tooth ... I'm assuming that anyway because of the light color on his beak.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
He looks like a normal fatty, fatty two by four who can get in to his shell no more, LOL. Cute mad at you for calling him fat face! : )

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
He's a little plump possibly but certainly nothing you need to worry about right now. He looks great. :D

Many of my hatchlings can't pull entirely into their shell either.

Leo1986

5 Year Member
*thank goodnes!! Thanks for you're input! ... I'm glad because I know for certain I couldn't get him to stop eating ;)

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
Just looks like a cute, fat baby to me! (babies are supposed to be fatter than adults, just think of human babies!)