Devastated please read/ help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio,TX
My heart hurts for you it's always hard even when you approached everything with such care. Take care.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I am sorry for your loss. When you are ready, (or if you are ready)
I don't think you will have a hard time finding a new family member on here. :)
And I wouldn't worry about shipping, good breeders and keepers know how to do it and the tort will be fine.
Best of luck!

Masin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
I'm on my phone so I didn't get to read the last 1.5 pages, but I did see you say it looked like he vomited? He could of also aspirated during this time maybe? Dunno if anyone else suggested that.
I know first hand how fast congenital heart disease hits without warning too, so who knows if that was is.
I've had a necropsy done via the vet schools pathologist when my partner was attending so I'm not sure on pricing. You can call your vet and see if they know of anyone local who can do one or better if you live near a vet school you can call them and see?

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
Hey, I'm no tortoise expert by any means but I'm a Great troubleshooter. The way his/her face looks, after having died, with the open eyes and open mouth make me want to say this death came decently fast and unexpected. A green 'goo' wants me to think it was possibly and allergic reaction to something its species would normally eat? Sorry if I'm going all Twilight....(no not the teenie tot movies, the old school tv show). It looks to me like your lil guy/girl Knew something was wrong, I would check the food out first prolly. After that, are there any kind of insects, with stingers, that could have gotten in? I'm very sorry for your loss! Before I invested in my sulcata Tilley, I owned a Sugar Glider I named Jet. He got very sluggish and died one night, my heart was broken. I later learned that I had been tossing my daily work shirt inside his cage, so he'd get used to my scent. These creatures are very sensitive to smells and even the smallest of chemicals can cause them great harm....I worked (and was usually covered in) engine oil. The oil killed my lil guy, bottom line, mistakes happen. Try again!

Status
Not open for further replies.