Dealing with worms

suzejay

Location (City and/or State)
london
I saw a roundworm come out of one of my tortoises!

So I gave her medicine for 3 days (at the correct dose) but only 4 adult worms came out... (I bathed her daily, too).

I have isolated her from the other two who are very healthy but should I de-worm them too? (poor babies).

I am keeping them in plastic boxes and newspaper which I am changing daily but they hate it and want to roam the floors which I let them do as I feel so bad for them (4 weeks of treatment is too much to be isolated in a box!)

I am worried that it will infect me/my family so I got some medicine for us which I will give to us all at the same time. I know there is a lot on the net saying that humans cant be infected by tortoise worms. However, humans can be infected by round and tape-worms so I am not convinced. Does the whole family need de-worming regularly alongside these tortoises?

How do I clean surfaces that they have walked on... I have heard that bleach is not enough and 250 ppm iodine is the best but I cant find this online anywhere. I have heard that rubbing alcohol can be used but HOW do I use it?

Thanks a lot!!!
:)

p.s. I really love them - they are the cutest animals!