Daisy, my Red Foot Tortoise says Hi

Dragon

Location (City and/or State)
michagin
I have several pets too and i just love it! lol 2 dogs, a cat, a bird and my little sissy the tort. Bonnie I got from the pound about a year ago. She had been terrabley abused, but now shes pretty much a normal puppy when we are here alone. Shes having a little bit of a set back right now....but I expected that. Now that shes acting more like a normal puppy she is getting into normal trouble. lol we never give her even a light swat on the butt...but she gets terrified when ever she does something wrong and we have to correct her. shes back to spending most of her time under tthe bed again...but I think its time to start really training her in polite manners. When I train my dogs I slide the loop of there leash over a belt and then put the belt on so they are attatched to me....I find this so much easer espically now that im older lol That way when i call her if she dosnt come i can tug on the chain and sort of half drage them to me...it never takes very long before they understand when mommie calls you HAVE to come . shes also doing sit and she is a quick study....its the things like we DO NOT CHEW UP MOMMIES SOCKS! and WE DO NOT TAKE SHEBAS FOOD! lol NO is a word shes hearing a lot these days and of course she flees to under the bed everytime she hears it. shes also a bit leary of spike again so its going slow but she s learning shes learning. lol I cant wait until its warm enough for us to go outside out of the dog yard again....and for walkes she loves going for walks with me and sheba....and now i have to get back to my kitchen table and start painting things so i have room to make more stuff lol

Barbecue

Myrtle Pt., Oregon
I have several pets too and i just love it! lol 2 dogs, a cat, a bird and my little sissy the tort. Bonnie I got from the pound about a year ago. She had been terrabley abused, but now shes pretty much a normal puppy when we are here alone. Shes having a little bit of a set back right now....but I expected that. Now that shes acting more like a normal puppy she is getting into normal trouble. lol we never give her even a light swat on the butt...but she gets terrified when ever she does something wrong and we have to correct her. shes back to spending most of her time under tthe bed again...but I think its time to start really training her in polite manners. When I train my dogs I slide the loop of there leash over a belt and then put the belt on so they are attatched to me....I find this so much easer espically now that im older lol That way when i call her if she dosnt come i can tug on the chain and sort of half drage them to me...it never takes very long before they understand when mommie calls you HAVE to come . shes also doing sit and she is a quick study....its the things like we DO NOT CHEW UP MOMMIES SOCKS! and WE DO NOT TAKE SHEBAS FOOD! lol NO is a word shes hearing a lot these days and of course she flees to under the bed everytime she hears it. shes also a bit leary of spike again so its going slow but she s learning shes learning. lol I cant wait until its warm enough for us to go outside out of the dog yard again....and for walkes she loves going for walks with me and sheba....and now i have to get back to my kitchen table and start painting things so i have room to make more stuff lol
That's how I train my pups too, wit the leash to my belt! I kennel train them when they r pups too so they don't think it's a bad thing. When growing up I know this sounds like a contradiction but Time Out is in the kennel. No spanking. Maybe, a swat but it's been light. Tank, is a Pound Puppy. K own him since 5 weeks. Had him since 8 weeks. He's going to b 8 in August.

Attachments

• 20220311_205847.jpg
    20220311_205847.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Dragon

michagin
aww how cute! I'll have to take picks of my animal children lol was going to do it today but after doing dishes and cleaning Watsons cage I started painting things and never got to it! lol I also had to find a new stl file for the 3d printer...i love that thing!! right now im doing a 3d printed gnob...it took awhile for me to learn how to use it, and its not really hard but one of the things i like about it is that once its set up and you have stl file in it after you hit print you can about doing what ever I havent learned to make my own stl files but im reading up on it. lol Bonnie is doing pretty good with most of her training shes pretty much got sit, were still working on comming when shes called. She seems to be scard to come to us when we call her.....I can only assume who ever had her before she went to the pound would call her to them and then hurt her in some way after she came to them.... poor girl but were working on it and shes learning when mom calls and you come you get hugs and pets and told what a good girl you are lol and sometimes you get a treet! lol iv been trying to think of a way to teach her tug of war, she wants so much play but just dosnt know how. I put peanut butter on the end of the roap and put it in her mouth...she loves the peanut butter, but the minute i start gently tugging on the roap she instently drops its....so possable anothing thing she was punised for...not letting go when she was told to...ahh well we will keep trying and perhaps one of these days she'll get the idea, and if not well its not the end of the world. I might try teaching her fetch but that too gives her fear....I think shes afrid im going to throw it at her and hit her with it.... like i said its sad because she jumps around and gets into the i want to play stance but dosnt really know how to play... but we have nothing but time and she will either learn how to play or not.. sheba never really learned how to play, she just wasnt interested in it lol although she love jumping up and down around toby ( the little snodole we had when we got her.) He passed about 2 years ago now and he was about 20 human years old when he passed.