Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
RE: Curious about thie Russian

the first photo looks like it, the second one is a top view so it does not in that one. as does the third photo as looks like it, I have seen pyramided ones before but it is a lot rarer in my view, 200 and up it sounds like he is holding an auction or something for it.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma

Yeah, today I spent some stupid time on the computer and went to Craigslist in different states and typed in tortoise in the search bar. There are a number of them for sale. Many Russians, a few RF and then I found a guy who claims to have 3 adult sulcatas , one being over 300 lbs!!???(yes? no?)and an aldabra, in New York!!! I asked him to send me some pictures, we'll see.
Na

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

I would like to see that 300 pound sulc, I imagine it would be a record breaker, and you can have a aldab in ney york, if you live in a house.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
That's not really pyramided :) Not great new growth, but really not pyramided. I've seen Russians that were pretty pyramided and they were all either captive raised or captive born. :D

Danny

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
My Russian looks like that and Danny also said no pyramiding, just lumpy. :) I have seen two pyramided Russians in photos, and in those cases I think it was a really really bad diet, not lack of humidity as you see in other breeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.