Couple of pictures, I Hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Here are a couple of pictures.The first is my 6 year old sulcatta. His name is flipper.The second is a picture of one of my Eastern Boxies.I hope the pictures come out!P1030018(1).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Can you tell this is my first time posting a picture?Anyway here is one of my boxies,I hope!P1030036(1)(1).JPG

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Boxies are my favorite. That's a beautiful male (?). I'm always searching for a high red male. I have 4 Easterns, two Three Toed's and a pretty old Ornate. Does your boxie stay out all year and hibernate? If so, how do you do it? What do you keep him in? Anything about boxies interests me and I'm always looking for new idea's.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
He stays out most of the year and then he comes in for the winter along with another male and female.I want to hibernate them this year but i have never done it before and i do not want to hurt him.I also have a hatchling eastern boxie and a hatchling florida boxie that live in a vivarium for now.It is pretty basic,peat moss with some spaghnum moss spread around and a couple of hides.5.0 uvb and a 60 watt heat bulb(black).What do you do with your boxies in the winter?Thanks,tom.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Your sulcata looks great and your boxie has amazing color.

Post some pics of the plastron, anal scutes and tail and we can all play the guess the sex game.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
TKCARDANDCOIN said:
Can you tell this is my first time posting a picture?Anyway here is one of my boxies,I hope!

P1030044(1)(1).JPGP1030027(1)(1).JPG

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Tom, my older Ornate, she's 32 now, always hibernated, so I'll be leaving her out. I used to have quite a few Eastern's, but had to re-home them a few years ago, but now I'm back having boxies again. All of mine are juvies, except for the Ornate. This will be the first year that I'm leaving the little guys out to hibernate, except for one Three Toed who's only a year old. I'm really nervous about it. I'm trying to fatten everyone up for the long sleep, so am feeding them separately to make sure every one gets their share.
When they are inside, they are in planted vivariums. I've always kept the small one's that had to stay inside, in glass vivariums, with lots of plants and hiding places. I use heat emitters on one side and long tube 5.0 on the other side over screen covers to filter out some of the light.
I never took in any eggs, just left them outside for nature to work it's magic. At the end of Summer, sometimes I used to find some babies, and sometime the following Spring I would find some a litter older.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Terry, thats great.What do you feed your boxies?Mine get nightcrawlers every other day and i always leave a little left over fruit(blueberries,strawberries,melon,mushrooms, etc.) too.I am sure they find quite a bit of bugs outside and just yesterday my male was eating moss.I dont know if he was chasing bugs, but he was head first into it.I also give them the really big mealworms and crickets.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Love the Sulcata, he's beautiful. The boxie is cute too :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
TKCARDANDCOIN said:
Terry, thats great.What do you feed your boxies?Mine get nightcrawlers every other day and i always leave a little left over fruit(blueberries,strawberries,melon,mushrooms, etc.) too.I am sure they find quite a bit of bugs outside and just yesterday my male was eating moss.I dont know if he was chasing bugs, but he was head first into it.I also give them the really big mealworms and crickets.

One day I feed a mix of soaked mazuri with chopped fruit, and veggies, another day a few worms ...also crickets, pill bugs for the hatchling. In a few weeks I'll starting feeding canned venison to fatten everyone up for hibernation. Here's some of mine.
052-6.jpg

044-6.jpg

042-7.jpg

038-9.jpg

021-13.jpg

002-39.jpg

050-3.jpg

And here's my old Nora
007-29.jpg

Here's my Cherry Head
056-1.jpg

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Wow, I love the habitat and the boxies are really nice!Nora looks like a real sweetheart!

Status
Not open for further replies.