Comment thread for the 4th Annual Calendar Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I am so excited to see all of this years submissions. In the past it has been such an awesome selection, that it has been nearly impossible for me to make my selections come voting time! :D

I see we have our first victim, ummm I mean our first brave contestant! :D

Cheryl that is cute. Does Emrys eat his pot often? Don'tcha feed the poor thing? :D Just totally teasing you. It's a great photo! Plus as of right now, your guaranteed not only a spot on the calendar, but the front cover (atleast til others enter and then who knows :D )

Here is the link to the submission thread - http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-4th-Annual-Calendar-Photo-Contest#axzz1bqPns4Vx

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Trying to figure out what MP my phone camera takes.. if those aren't big enough I may have to find an old camera photo or take a new cute one! Tick tock tick tock!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
How do I figure out how many mega pixels a picture has?

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Was not aware that there was a contest. Where is the thread?

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Jacqui said:
Cheryl that is cute. Does Emrys eat his pot often? Don'tcha feed the poor thing? :D Just totally teasing you. It's a great photo! Plus as of right now, your guaranteed not only a spot on the calendar, but the front cover (atleast til others enter and then who knows :D )

Haha. Just the once. Apparently, it wasn't as tasty as it looked!

Now, he has a much bigger plant pot and prefers sleeping in it to crunching on it. Plant pots: the most versatile object a tortoise can own!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OMG!!!! Were we ready or what! I signed on a few minutes ago and saw the calendar contest with already FIVE entries!! Way to go members.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I have the droid revolution and the camera is only 5 mega pixals :( , almost all my photo's were taken with my phone. Guess I need to go knock the dust off my regular camera...

itsmeshell

5 Year Member
Gutted I can't enter as I haven't been a member long enough! Doh! But I will vote for my fave pic

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
itsmeshell said:
Gutted I can't enter as I haven't been a member long enough! Doh! But I will vote for my fave pic

There will more contests in the future, so plan ahead. ;) :D

I am seeing some wonderful entries folks! Andrea, I hope (if your one of the lucky chosen) that your picture gets put for July. Very cute!

SpeedyGontortoise

5 Year Member
So Cal
There are some wonderful photos. Definitely seems like a theme is happening or maybe the tortoises just like to eat.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
ALDABRAMAN said:
Where does all profits from the calendar go?
I would imagine it goes to josh

On a personal note I have several calendars around my house, and the tortoise forum one always gets the most comments. (favorable ones)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dmmj said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Where does all profits from the calendar go?
I would imagine it goes to josh

On a personal note I have several calendars around my house, and the tortoise forum one always gets the most comments. (favorable ones)

:D Maybe it could finance a live chat box/feature!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I'm beginning to think it's about time to invest in a good camera! All my really good tort pics have been taken with my phone and aren't going to be big enough to use for the contest. My current camera works but doesn't take very clear pics. Tried to set Squirt up for a photo shoot earlier and he was being a diva.. will have to try everyday till I get a good pic (or until the 31st when I'm forced to just post whatever I have)
Good luck to everyone! There is some great pics so far! Which is why I decided time for a new camera! :p

ewam

5 Year Member
Southern Ca.
I really like that picture of the box turtle coming out of the egg. Very clear and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.