cheap and easy way to grow your plants for yout tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
i thought id share some pictures of what i do for my tortoises in the winter time for food that i grow for them. Ive shown pictures of what i did last year, and i found out that the 2 trays i was growing last year werent cutting it for my tortoises. so, as you will see in these pictures i have i made 6 trays that im using from old spring mix containers from walmart. i also bought 5$ plant growing lights from walmart last year for the 2 levels of where im growing my plants. it works well, and didnt cost much. also the mini greenhouse i bought for 20$ and it comes with plastic to go around it to keep it moist and warm.

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Too bad you have to look at that view everyday...;)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very nice, thanks for sharing with us. And Wow I have to say that I am soooo jealous, I love the view :cool: :D

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
haha i love living on the lake, all the sunshine i get for my tortoises. right now if you guys can see, theres snow all packed up which depresses me.. im looking forward to spring for my tortoises!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My wife does that for her plants that she keep in pots, every winter we have a dining room full of plants. We are also doing that to get our cactus seeds started.

brymanda

5 Year Member
Florida
Great idea! I have the same little mini-greenhouse, but I never thought about bringing it inside. What do you grow?

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have the exact same thing in my porch growing different things for our tortoise. Didn't yours come with a green house cover?

Nice view!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I just bought one of those on craigslist. Good idea to bring it inside in winter. I like the idea of mixing up pot sizes, I might even use some smaller ones that I can put directly in the enclosure, where they can decimate it within 5 minutes :p
PS. I know I can admit ONLY on this forum that I now also have some dandelion seeds to sprout...

Status
Not open for further replies.