Cat saliva

Rexx Doopson

My cat somehow got into my room and was drinking my baby Leo's water. I've just caught him this time, but the thing is that the Leo could've been drinking the same water. I rinsed the the bowl then put it back. Can the baby get sick? This could be and probably is a one time thing, but the tortoise still had a sip of the water that had cats saliva.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
My cat somehow got into my room and was drinking my baby Leo's water. I've just caught him this time, but the thing is that the Leo could've been drinking the same water. I rinsed the the bowl then put it back. Can the baby get sick? This could be and probably is a one time thing, but the tortoise still had a sip of the water that had cats saliva.

Likely all is going to be fine...if the tort were outdoors there would be all type of critters partaking of the water source....:D

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
Don't worry about the salvia, but I would never let a cat into the tortoise enclosure, they are predators after all. :confused:

Rexx Doopson

He's a good cat, but i still never let him into my room ( with the enclosure) when I'm not at home. But there's one thing- he can open doors. How cool is that? it can be fixed, but I just had to share that. My cats all like :cool:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Before I had my out door pen "catproofed", I had an issue with cats getting in and sleeping in my dog houses at night. These cats were feral, too.
They also left behind poop that at least once, my tortoises ate.
Even with all of this, no apparent harm was done.