Castello

Status
Not open for further replies.

devobat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tempe, Arizona
This is the best photo I could get of Castello my rescued Sulcata. He has been on the mend and now won't hold still. He is my handsome man.

IMG00039-20100215-1122.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Castello is a very good looking Sulcata. How old is he and why was he on the mend? :D

devobat

5 Year Member
Tempe, Arizona
I am unsure how old he is. One of his many owners said he was only 4 years old. Which is either due to improper diet and lack of growth or they have no idea how old he is. He was put in a glass aquarium with sand and fed fruit and greens... I took them in as rescues when they were being passed from person to person. >.< Him and his brother both suffered from parasites and MBD. His brother Abbott ended up passing away due to the parasite load, but Castello is free from parasites, on a proper diet, lots of sunshine, Calcium and a UV bulb have him in much better shape.

His body was so weak he could hardly hold his shell up off the ground to walk. Now he runs around his enclosure like a champ crawling on everything. His shell is firming up and he is getting to be a healthy lovely turtle.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
He's adorable :D I'm glad he is in a better home now!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Great story, and you must feel so gratified when he can't stand still long enough to get his photo taken! ;)

The photo you did manage to get is excellent--he's a fine, handsome fellow. :D

Sunrise

5 Year Member
good looking and no piramiding. how big is he? 4 years old sulcata usually reach 30cm.

by the way how do u know if a torto has parasites in her?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
And Castello does have a couple of hides, right? So he's not running around because he's looking for a place to conceal himself from predators....?

dannomite

5 Year Member
Castello is a very nice looking Tort, good job on the Rescue!! My Sulcata looks to have a similar amount of growth just by looking at the scutes and mine is only a year old...its good to see him in good hands now!

Status
Not open for further replies.