Status
Not open for further replies.

diggertort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cape coral
RE: can i house two males together without problems

i would like to keep two male sulcatas together without any problems?
is it possible?

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
I've never attempted to house two males together, but I would imagine that if there are no females present, it could work out {since there would be no fighting over the female}.. perhaps you can 'adopt' him for a few days to see if they will get along, and if so, then go for it. Of course, quaratine is also something you would want to give some thought too..

So, after my babbling, lol, all I can do is wish you the bestest. :)
Purpod

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Sometimes yes, sometimes absolutley not.
Does that help?! :)
The larger the enclosure with plenty of places to be alone and get away from each other. seperate heating areas, feeding areas, hiding...etc.. sometimes it will work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A few years ago one of the gals who belonged to our tortoise club had to temporarily find quarters for her sulcatas while she moved and built new pens. She had full grown (wild caught and not much bigger than 100lbs) male and female sulcatas (4.2). I kept them in my back yard for about 3 months. My backyard is appx. 32' x 64'. All six of them, male and female, lived together in my back yard and I never saw any agression on the part of any of them. It really depends upon the individual tortoise. Some of them ARE aggressive towards each other, and some live peacefully with others. You just don't know until you give it a try.

Yvonne

glendab63

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
can someone tell me is it true that if a sulcata has spike on the rear end it's a male

Status
Not open for further replies.