Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I've never fed that one and only recently learned that some cactus species have some toxicity to them.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I will hold off unless someone ID's it for sure. (Why does everything I see look like potential Tortoise food)?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
lynnedit said:
I will hold off unless someone ID's it for sure. (Why does everything I see look like potential Tortoise food)?

Oh its not just you!!! EVERYWHERE I go in the whole world, I'm scoping out the tortoise food. When I was down south I would comment on the "great tortoise food down here" as we passed every vacant lot with three foot tall dandelions and giant plantain "bushes". My wife and I constantly fight over what to plant and how to fertilize our back yard. No torts even live there, but if we are going to water a plant and make it grow, why not grow something they can eat? She just wants pretty stuff that will live and look nice. I want to farm my own tortoise food.

She actually put a bag of "Weed and Feed" in our cart at Lowes the other day. I was mortified!!! I think she just did it to watch me flip out... which I did...

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That's that, then! It gets to live. :p
Thanks for the info.
(And Tom, I imagine I will still look at the plant world differently from now on as well!)

Status
Not open for further replies.