Bonnie and Joshi

monika18

Hello everyone,
just to introduce myself. My name is Monika a we just brought home two 6 months old spur thighed tortoises which have been given to us. They both soaked themselves straight away and ate some weeds. They walked about for few hours but now one of them dug herself in the soil in the corner near their hot spot. Is that normal or shall I get her out. Can she not overheat??

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Monika, and welcome to the Forum!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Monika welcome to the TFO from AZ. Don't forget in the wild that baby is at the bottom of the food chain . That's why they hide . And if your temps are right it will be OK . Have a great tort day !

monika18

Thank you for your replies. The temperature is set to 90deg farenheit so think she should be fine. I am new to it all so worry all the time.

monika18

Yep he stayed like this whole night. This morning we gave them bath and they ate but back to sleep now. I also wonder if we need more lighting on the other side of the table. As you can see on the picture above it is very dark and they are completely avoiding it. So maybe some small light???