Bills 6ft x 8ft indoor enclosure/table

Status
Not open for further replies.

HrdHeaded1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Whew! What a weekend! Bill our DT now has a 6ft by 8ft indoor enclosure/table. It is build on a platform made out of 2x6's with 2x4 trusses for support and is about 1ft high off the ground. The sides are 2 1/2 feet on 3 sides and 4ft on the back side. We wanted a larger back drop so we could add a nice size dirt mound at some point. He has play sand, rocks, pea gravel, soil/compost/sand mix, and soil/gravel mix to roam around in. He also is sporting his very own green dogloo in the corner for his hiding/sleepy spot.

What do you think? I hope it'll keep him happy during the fall here and on rainy days. Living in WA state, it tends to rain a LOT!

Tell the truth folks! Advice is always welcome.

Attachments

• Rside.jpg
    Rside.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 301
  • Lside.jpg
    Lside.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Billpool.jpg
    Billpool.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 189

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
Since Bill is a DT, I'm just curious as to why you've added compost to your soil..? The indoor enclosure I have for my little leopard is lined with carpet made for reptiles, but his outdoor area has half playsand and half just the dirt. {with various seedlings in the dirt for him to graze upon}

Anyways, keep up the great work; I'm sure Bill will love having all of that room to roam in on the wet Washington days.

Be well ~
Purpod

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
HrdHeaded1, Ok you asked for honesty. Here it is. I would ditch the 100% sand. They can eat it and get impacted. I would not have anything with vermiculite or perlite also causes of impaction. Mix soil and sand if you choose, about 70% dirt and 30% sand use pure dirt, use aspen. They don't seem to eat it. Use rocks and slate or concrete slabs for texture in your enclosure an to feed him on. The size is great he will love all the room. Set up a humid hide. Use some moss or a damp sponge affixed to the top of the hide and keep it moist. Also make a cool hide for him since you have the room. Your water dish you may in time find you need to replace with a ceramic dish or a end of water plastic bowl. I tried those and they broke down in no time.
Some Greens if possible even in pots so he can graze will make it look Great and keep him busy. Great Job you've done. Everyone can see how much you care and love your little shelled one.

Chadam

5 Year Member
Looks good, I am learning with mine yet also, best thing I have done is planted misc garden plants they have only been in there a week now but they are coming up pretty good. That way I know everything he will eat will be organic and fresh, and maybe save a little bit of money for feeding him.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Reptile carpet can be bought at places like petco, or petsmart. It should be right in the reptile section...it almost might be called a cage liner. My advice would be to give them a call. You can also buy indoor out door carpeting at places like Home Depot or Menards...they sell it by the foot

Status
Not open for further replies.