BIG PROBLEM RAPTH pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
This is the only picture i can put on til tomorrow. figured you would want it sooner than later but here ya go. the holiday paper around the tank to hide them and one side open for viewing only. its a cell phone photo cause i left my camera somewhere. but i dont know if you can see the little dudes one is in the hide other is out but anyways nea i keep their enclosure during the day at 85-90 on cool side and 90-102 on the basking side. i put no humidity in there due to the fact he is sick. but i have to go sorry and thanks

wait i have 3 min to post this last photo. i pulled leo out of the hide so you see them. but here ya go all i can do for now. til next time...

Attachments

• Photo-0332.jpg
    Photo-0332.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 65
  • another.jpg
    another.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 58

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
Its fine. I cant find my freakin camera anywhere and i hate using my phone cause it doesnt do the job right :( sorry.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
LeaCrystal, Here's a little bit of friendly advice. Answer no more questions. It's no ones business what happens now. They've had their say, and then some. Are you aware what will be said to you ,should you announce that the little guy has died? Don't expect any sympathy here, you will be ruthlessly attacked. We've seen it happen before. People tend to get very bold, hiding behind a computer, and will say things that they would never say to your face. I wouldn't allow people to talk to you as they have been. Are you getting personal messages as well. I would have to guess you have.Tell them to mind their own business.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I have a problem with the last post first off people ask for advice they get it and do nothing with it why ask if you know everything I also do not think anybody is being ruthlessly attacked people are just giving there opinions last I would say every thing I post to who ever's face an then some avoidable problems really bother me :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I would take the hay out. They are too young to eat it, it will mold if it gets wet.
keep the substrate a bit damp in the hide.. warm and moist is good.. cold and moist is bad.
Is the sick one still eating? On meds?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
yagyujubei said:
LeaCrystal, Here's a little bit of friendly advice. Answer no more questions. It's no ones business what happens now. They've had their say, and then some. Are you aware what will be said to you ,should you announce that the little guy has died? Don't expect any sympathy here, you will be ruthlessly attacked. We've seen it happen before. People tend to get very bold, hiding behind a computer, and will say things that they would never say to your face. I wouldn't allow people to talk to you as they have been. Are you getting personal messages as well. I would have to guess you have.Tell them to mind their own business.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. Sure people can be bold and say things they wouldn't normally say, so it helps to be a little more thick skinned than perhaps you normally would be or hold off before responding until you've thought about it.

Nothing ANYONE posts on this forum is anyone else's business. We post here to get help or to help. I've never heard of septicemia in tortoises before this thread so I've found it interesting. Suggesting someone not post something to avoid being attacked could mean a missed learning opportunity for someone else.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
coreyc said:
I have a problem with the last post first off people ask for advice they get it and do nothing with it why ask if you know everything I also do not think anybody is being ruthlessly attacked people are just giving there opinions last I would say every thing I post to who ever's face an then some avoidable problems really bother me :)

Punctuation is your friend.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Shelly said:
coreyc said:

Punctuation is your friend.

No it's NOT!!!!!!!!

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
From what I've seen of Rachael (finleafeater), I would imagine that if irritated, she would climb you like a tree and make wish you had held your tongue. hahaha Go gett'm girl!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
So does anyone know what has happend to the sick baby?!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
finleafeater said:
Being behind a computer tends to help me hold my tongue because I can chill out and walk away rather than in person .. when I tend to be quite a bit more brash when severely irritated. ;)

ps. should she announce the baby dying after denying it proper care? yes, I imagine there would be quite an onslaught of not so nice comments. If shes taking care of it.. etc etc everything thats been mentioned already in this thread blah blah blah.. then Im sure it will be chalked up to be "just another lost cause".

I agree. There is a lot of stuff I would like to say but don't because of the computer. Face to face I would not have a problem at all.

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
went to the vet this morning. vet said to keep doing what im doing with rapth about the meds she gave me last visit. his shell is way firmer. the plastron looks to her as either septicemia or serious bruising because the shell was so thin.. i'll put pictures up a little later this day for realz. also had a exam done on my little one. she said the shell soft but he looks great. thanks for the great tips guys! i have to continue my perscriptions as i have been for the past week and she wants to see rapth back in 2 weeks. Thanks everyone again for all the help!!!!!!

Crystal

p.s. merry christmas eve!!!!

Sorry for the delay on messaging. He's not dead i promise!!! I'm just glad he is going well. Also got the spring mix today at walmart $3!!! they love it!!!

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
Here you go everyone. pics :D if you want anything different just let me know and i'll do it. i have a video just odnt know how to post it. to show enclosure more but... i am gonna buy the mvb bulb probably... but anyways here you are....007.JPG005.JPG001.JPG006.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Looks good :)there eating that's good are they eating the mazuri? I would just like to add that you really should get a MVB not probably:)
Have a Merry Christmas

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
Thanks again for sending me that. I havent been home since i worked so much the past few days and running on 5 hours sleep is killing me. I'm just so glad my little guys are doing okay. Also, I was trying to find that good site someone posted somewhere that they are on sale but all i can find is one on amazon for like $40 i think....

is a powersun okay?

Is a Zoo Med PowerSun UV Mercury Vapor Lamp 100 Watts a good one to buy?

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
That powersun is good. There was a thread recently about a really cheap MVB and I think it was the powersun, could be wrong though. For that size enclosure I would not get anything bigger than 100w. My experience is that MVBs produce a whole lot more heat than normal bulbs, so be prepared to check it and make adjustments when you first get it.

So glad to hear that things are going well and that treatment is/has been continuing. I'll be honest, I didn't think that the little guy would make it to today even so this is encouraging :) Good job. Also good to know that you're having a good experience with that vet for the next time my guys sick.

FYI, this thread has over 2000 views. WOW! This has got to be one of the most followed threads now.

BTW, whatever happened with the breeder? Did he/she give you your money back? May I also ask who the breeder was?

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
I just got so overwlmed about everything everyone was saying i started to believe my little guy was having the septicemia instead thats why i was asking about pink legs and stuff but the vet said its just his unique skin pigment which is awesome cause i love orange :) favorite color!!!! Thanks again everyone. That bulb will be here on the 30th of december hopefully. What degree do i want it to stay in there or maybe i should ask. what is too high?

PeanutbuttER said:
That powersun is good. There was a thread recently about a really cheap MVB and I think it was the powersun, could be wrong though. For that size enclosure I would not get anything bigger than 100w. My experience is that MVBs produce a whole lot more heat than normal bulbs, so be prepared to check it and make adjustments when you first get it.

So glad to hear that things are going well and that treatment is/has been continuing. I'll be honest, I didn't think that the little guy would make it to today even so this is encouraging :) Good job. Also good to know that you're having a good experience with that vet for the next time my guys sick.

FYI, this thread has over 2000 views. WOW! This has got to be one of the most followed threads now.

BTW, whatever happened with the breeder? Did he/she give you your money back? May I also ask who the breeder was?

The person i got the leo's from is not the breeder but was very kind and helpful during the whole situation. Emailing everyday, giving advise, ect. Even though i got it better here :D. He gave me $80 refund for all the trouble i have had :) I dont really want to announce where i got him because it was not the person i got him from's fault. It was just way to cold for him and poor packaging or at least thats my guess lol

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
yagyujubei said:

This statement is just... ironic. You want to ask people for help and talk on a forum, but then mind your own business. Its probably a good thing some of us are behind a computer as if it was in person I probably would say far worse things.

Anyhow I am glad your little guy is making a good recovery, keep us updated as he grows and becomes a beautiful adult :)

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
That's actually exactly why I'm curious. :p If the person you got him from sent him in the winter and didn't package him properly, then that's not someone I want to eventually buy from. Those 2 factors are entirely within his/her control.

I'll pm and ask you personally.

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
Mao Senpai said:
Anyhow I am glad your little guy is making a good recovery, keep us updated as he grows and becomes a beautiful adult :)

Thank you and i will definately keep updates posted and photos as well for the people who love those as well as I :D

i believe Rapth is 46 grams by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.