Best food to buy from grocery store

Amore

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa
Hi,

Please advise on best food for little less than one year leopard tortoises. I am aware of grass etc, what else for balanced diet (store bought)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Most stores nowadays sell the following greens by themselves dandelion, mustard, cilontro, turnip, radish.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you have a Smart and Final store in your area, they sell something called Santa Barbara Mix. It's escarole, endive and radicchio. To that I add whatever edible weeds I can find outside. My sister takes a plastic bag and a pair of scissors and walks the neighborhood looking for weeds. Mainly she cuts them from vacant lots or fields where she knows they haven't been sprayed.

You can also go to a feed store and ask them if it would be ok for you to gather up some of the leavings around the grass hay stack. If you cut grass hay up with the scissors the set it in water for about 15 minutes, it becomes more palatable to young tortoises.

Amore

South Africa
went onto the amazon website to order food for my baby leopards( 9 months old). So many options. What Mazuri options would be best for their size and age? Help will be appreciated