Best breed for Redondo beach area

Jenfah

Location (City and/or State)
Redondo beach CA
Hey guys, I would love to get a tortoise but I am doing my research before adopting and would love some help. I live in the Redondo beach area, in ca, zone 10b. I would like to keep
My tortoise outdoors once it reaches the appropriate size and age. What breed do
You recommend for my area? I also have quite a few fruit trees, and am worried about the tortoise eating the leaves and fruit. Any help would be much appreciated

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hey guys, I would love to get a tortoise but I am doing my research before adopting and would love some help. I live in the Redondo beach area, in ca, zone 10b. I would like to keep
My tortoise outdoors once it reaches the appropriate size and age. What breed do
You recommend for my area? I also have quite a few fruit trees, and am worried about the tortoise eating the leaves and fruit. Any help would be much appreciated
Hermanni, greek, marginated, or chersina would be perfect for your climate, but you'd have to keep them away from the fruit. A redfoot would be okay with the fruit, but its too cool there for too much of the year, and not humid enough. Manouria would probably do well there, and they can have some fruit I think. @Kapidolo Farms or @Yvonne G care to comment on the Manouria in a cooler coastal CA climate?