Batagurs

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Man these guys grow so quick. Bought these as hatchlings in June of 2016.

Hoping that the southern river (Batagur Affinis) are a 1.3 one is showing growth of a male and staying small, while the other 3 are classic female and already massive.

The Borneoensis are all over the map, as I have hatchlings recently and adults and the yearlings(or not quite that old yet)
IMG_4598.JPG
IMG_4599.JPG
Dinner plate size
IMG_4601.JPG

Then you can't forget Charlie! He's such a sweet big male.
IMG_4600.JPG

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
All of those big Batagurine species are impressive and neat turtles. But they practically all require spacious enclosures--if not literal ponds. I wish I had the space!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
All of those big Batagurine species are impressive and neat turtles. But they practically all require spacious enclosures--if not literal ponds. I wish I had the space!
Yes indeed! I have 3 ponds dug already. Working on getting them completed this spring-summer. The 2 ponds slated for these batagur guys are quite large. 4-5' deep in middle and 60'x50' whatever gallon size those come out too. Quite quite large.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Do NOT tempt me!

If my wife were to read your comment, she would ban me from talking to you on the grounds that you are a bad influence!!! :)
Hahahahahahah. I really am a terrible influence when it comes to anything shelled. Haha