Basking temp

Meggy500

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Way too hot I keep my entire enclosure around 85 with NO basking spot hope this helps
That is what I figured I returned the bulb and got a lower wattage bulb. How do you keep it 85? I keep hearing use a basking light and also not to use one. I'm getting confused lol

Flores93k

CA
That is what I figured I returned the bulb and got a lower wattage bulb. How do you keep it 85? I keep hearing use a basking light and also not to use one. I'm getting confused lol
Pictures of your enclosure will help
From what I know they don’t need to bask
I use a ceramic heat emitter attached to a thermostat to keep my enclosure around 85
There is a care sheet by @Redfoot NERD that can help with a lot of different subjects

Last edited:

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I think that so long as the temp and humidity are at least 80, you're good.

My redfoot's enclosure has a cool end and a warm end so that Darwin can choose his own adventure ... during the daytime part of the enclosure's cycle, there's a light that bumps the heat in the warm end to about 90, and I occasionally see him starting his mornings under it.

Jamie

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Is a basking temp of 100° to hot for a hatchling cherry head red foot?
You need to keep an ambient temp of 82/88f throughout the enclosure. No basking spots.
What kind of enclosure are you using?

TuckerDucker

5 Year Member
Missouri
I'm so glad I came across this thread by chance, I've been reading around 90-95 degrees was best. I've been freaking out that my guy's enclosure wasn't hot enough!