Banana Flowers?

linaizzie

5 Year Member
I know to rarely feed bananas to my red foots. How about banana flowers? I found some at the local Indian grocery store along with sweet potato greens, methi and aloe leaves. Which one of the above are red foot safe?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
My Russians love Sweet Potato greens. I know this because I planted 4 beautiful vines in my garden and they were awesome to look at...until Chekov and Yakov discovered them. Now I have four very ugly sweet potato stumps.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
They are all good food items in a varied diet. I have tried banana flower, but it was not well received. Aloe is highly liked by my pancakes, and pretty much any edible broadleaf plant that "vines" all seem to like such as sweet potato vine. Methi is liked by all as well and is used as livestock feed in many places, all my tortoises like it.
Will

linaizzie

5 Year Member
Thank you much. Now I have even more variety for them. Thank you for the website, it seems like a great resource and I'll have to use in the future.

Right now Rake and Ruin are in love with collards, so I chop that up and mix with new things (who knows what they'll love next week, since it varies). One of them took well to the flowers, the other ate some of everything that was offered. The two are relatively different in their preferences.