Back to cloudy eye

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Can someone tell me what this guy s and how to cate for my baby before she goes blind???
I have it on good authority that it could be frost bite in her eye ????? Sounds about right no??
But now .. how do I fix and get rid of it??
Will she go blind if not already????IMG_2462.jpgIMG_2388.jpgView attachment 281469View attachment 281469View attachment 281469]View attachment 281469View attachment 281470
View attachment 281469
URL]

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings, just curious why you think it could be Frost Bite? I would go out on a limb here and say it’s not frost bite, but the damage could be associated with harsh overhead lighting, or too close to a CHE or something on that order.

Are both eyes like this?

Id be soaking for long periods of time every day for starters.

@Yvonne G always has good advise for eye issues.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Greetings, just curious why you think it could be Frost Bite? I would go out on a limb here and say it’s not frost bite, but the damage could be associated with harsh overhead lighting, or too close to a CHE or something on that order.

Are both eyes like this?

Id be soaking for long periods of time every day for starters.

@Yvonne G always has good advise for eye issues.

Sorry to get back to you so late but... hi there thank you so much for responding.
To answer your question on why I think it’s frost bite... well ... Yvonne g said it might be. And I kinda agree.
But trust me it is not a lighting thing at all and no both eyes are not like this..
Also she is soaked in a warm tub every day for 21 years now (but thank you for giving me that advise) you are very smart. Get this one....
She is 21 and weighs 109lbs!!!! Guess there was something in the water???? Lol

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It's just scar tissue. It may clear up over time.

Hi Yvonne
It’s me again...
Still having that eye issue. I am debating on taking her to another vet different than her usual one who just always says “she looks ok to me..?”
But the real reason i am writing to you is to tell you I think I figured out how to post pictures!!!!
I also made an account !!!
Before I guess I was just.a visitor so nothing I did went through???
Ask me anything!!!
I can send you a picture now!!!...?
Also thanks for the advice. I did listen to everything you told me word for word.. but I do think she can’t see clearly through that eye?
When she eats she tends to reach to her left .
I hand feed her now as well..wait.... let me rephrase that... I feed her from a bowl and with a spoon.. I have gotten clipped a couple of times by her alligator teeth and let me tell you......IT HURTS!!!... A LOT!!!! Yikes!
I am still worried though.. she really is my whole world and I don’t want to let this situation go if I could have prevented blindness... I hate to be a pain in the .....
sincerely
Sally (the sulcata).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Scar tissue on an eyeball takes a very long time to go away. I don't think it's painful. If you'd like a vet to look at it, I'd call around and try to find one who knows about eyes. It doesn't have to be a tortoise vet, just one who is familiar with eye problems. Chris of Hermanni Haven is in New Jersey too. Go to his web site and see if there's a 'contact' button and ask him who he uses for vet work.