Baby sullys all set up !

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Thanks to everyone's help on the forum I finally have a set up for my baby sully for now ! Since he's only a baby I have him in this little guy for now , in the next couple months I'll be moving him to a 40 gallon breeder while he's small . All I have left to do is seal the top to make it a closed chamber !

ImageUploadedByTortForum1383863536.529638.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
Good work! I hate to break it to you but that substrate is not recommended. Try coconut coir

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Yeah that substrate is not ideal for sulcatas. Also I do not see a soaking dish but I might of missed it. good work though!

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Thanks guys ! Yeah I read up on the substrate it's hard to find a lot of that stuff around Philly , but I did find some at the Home Depot so I'll be replacing that in the next day or so ! And I have a soaking dish but it's located underneath where I have the tank , I was told it wasn't good to keep the soaking dish in the tank due to the humidity and that it could cause respiratory problems with the tort . I wasn't sure if this was true but I didn't wanna take my chances

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They should have water available 24/7. Cold and wet will cause RI. Hot and humid equals a healthy, happy smooth tort. Your humidity should not drop below 80% and your temps should not be lower then 80 any place in the enclosure day or night. The substrate would not hold up under the correct humidity a anyway and it's the worse one could use. If you can't find coconut coir or cypress mulch, plain dirt will work. Also, most of they stuff can be found online and usually cheaper.

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Thank you Wellington ! Right now it's 95 degrees in the tank with good humidity . I put the soaking dish back in so I think he should be okay .