Baby Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

arangno

5 Year Member
tortuga.JPG
Hi Everyone,

Brought home our baby sulcata this afternoon -- she's two years old, and doesn't have a name just yet (though any suggestions are welcome haha).

We're so excited to add her to our family! We live in Southern California (South Orange County) and have a big backyard full of vegetable gardens and chickens (they have a separate, enclosed area though... not sure if they will play nice with a tortoise).

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello :)
My parents had tortoises when I was growing up, and I have such great memories of them -- I wanted my kids to experience it, too.

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrea M

5 Year Member
From one Andrea to another.... She's beautiful!!! I like the name Peggy!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Welcome Andrea! Can you tell us a little about your baby, like where did she live before you got her, and how much does she weigh? I have a sulcata that looks like yours. He/she is called Baby Runt for now. He's three years old going on four and he's still under a pound. When he becomes a pound, I'm having a TFO party. So, watch out for any news soon. He's currently 12 ounces.

arangno

5 Year Member
Sure!

I got her from a friend who lives nearby and breeds tortoises. I haven't weighed her yet (I don't have a kitchen scale... maybe I could sneak her into a grocery store?? haha) but she's a little over 3 inches.

Originally I thought that I might get a leopard tortoise, but then I saw this girl and, well ... it was love.

So excited!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Andrea, and welcome to the Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.