Baby ate Mazuri!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
We did it!

I've been sneaking Mazuri and Grassland Tortoise food into Vygo's greens twice a week for about two weeks now.

I decided to get tough and see what would happen this morning. I only gave him a couple of leaves of spring mix and left one chunk of Mazuri in his enclosure before I left for class this morning. I sprayed the Mazuri down a little to soften it up. And...when I came home it was gone!!! Yay!! Little Vygo is eating big boy food without it being slipped and hand fed to him!!

:D

theelectraco

5 Year Member
The grassland pellets will be a little harder to get them to eat usually. I still want to try mazuri for my girl.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
tortoise007 said:
Very cute!You should give him a little pile of it and take a pic of him eating it!

That's the plan!!! :D He gets so messy when he eats it!
Here is a picture of him a few days ago eating a Mazuri burrito:
303343_10200238451477160_57195988_n.jpg

And yes, he usually is more willing to eat the Mazuri burritos versus the grassland burritos. I swear he is a smart one and knows when I have snuck something into his greens!!! :D Last week I was able to get him to take a moist chunk of Mazuri right out of my hand between bites of weeds so I figured this was next!

Last edited by a moderator:

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
awwwwwwww..... he is soooo cute! seeing this little guy makes me so excited for when we move in a few weeks and I can get my little baby russian! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
tortoise007 said:
awwwwwwww..... he is soooo cute! seeing this little guy makes me so excited for when we move in a few weeks and I can get my little baby russian! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks!!! He sure is one heck of a crack up too! So much personality when he isn't snoozing! Make sure you post lotssss of pictures!! Just between you and me, I think Russian tort babies are some of the cutest ;):p

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
SmileyKylie623 said:
tortoise007 said:

Thanks!!! He sure is one heck of a crack up too! So much personality when he isn't snoozing! Make sure you post lotssss of pictures!! Just between you and me, I think Russian tort babies are some of the cutest ;):p

Russians and sulcatas babies are so darn cute! I shouldn't be saying that because I have 0.0.5 SDTs (use to be 6, PIP susie :()4of them are babies, the other is about 6...?

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Aww, Vygo is so cute with he messy face. :D

Glad to know he is being good and eating his Mazuri.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
:D they grow up sooo fast! Today when I came home from work there was poo in his water dish and the water was a mess! He appears to have finally learned that he can soak himself whenever he wants!! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.