ATTENTION AZ RESIDENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Our house was broken into this afternoon. Thankfully, we were not home when it happened, and the only valuables taken were tortoises. I am missing two young indian star tortoises (babies approx. 2"), and three leopards (all babies, 2"). I will try to get pictures up when we can sort things out here...but if you should see anything on craigslist, classifieds, or at the local petstores please notify me.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
So sorry to hear that Neal, I hope they catch whoever broke into your house!!!!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Neal said:
Our house was broken into this afternoon. Thankfully, we were not home when it happened, and the only valuables taken were tortoises. I am missing two young indian star tortoises (babies approx. 2"), and three leopards (all babies, 2"). I will try to get pictures up when we can sort things out here...but if you should see anything on craigslist, classifieds, or at the local petstores please notify me.

If all they took was tortoises, then it sounds like someone whose been to your place before (maybe even a friend or acquaintence) and knew exactly what they were looking for. Sorry for your loss Neal...hope you recover them. Californians...let's keep an eye out here as well.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It doesn't seem like they new what they were doing. They left all the pardalis which were about 2 ft away, and they left my bigger 4 inch stars.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
You've got to be freakin' kidding me!!! People can be SO dirty! Few things in this world that I HATE more than a thief!! :( I hope you recover your tortoises, Neal!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Could you post any pics on what animals were taken I will keep my eye out for you. I cant believe people do this I'm sorry this happened to you Neal.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's just awful. You must feel terribly violated. And now you're probably paranoid...when will it happen again, etc. That's my worst nightmare.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
DeanS said:
If all they took was tortoises, then it sounds like someone whose been to your place before (maybe even a friend or acquaintence) and knew exactly what they were looking for. Sorry for your loss Neal...hope you recover them. Californians...let's keep an eye out here as well.

That would have been my guess, too. :(

Why do things like this seem to happen only to the nicest folks? Just feel so badly for you Neal, I know how much these guys mean to you. Just glad nobody was home and so nobody got hurt.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have seeing more torts at swap meets and roadside junk sellers than I would have though. I'll keep an extra eye open.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
So sorry Neal, I hope they turn up! I would be 100% lost if that happend to me. Cooper is like a son to me and Ophelia is really starting to come around and get close to us as well. I wish you the best of luck.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Really sorry to hear that Neal. If they took the smallest ("cutest"), rather than the most expensive, it sounds like stupid kids or morons that were most likely surprised to find tortoises when they got inside. I will definitely keep my eyes open. Some people are such idiots.

The Adjustor

5 Year Member
Tucson, Az
I'll definitely be browsing CL looking for them. What gets me is that whoever took them probably hans't any clue how to take care of them... poor little guys :(

We may also want to look on other forums where these guys might be trying to figure out what species they are or something... just a thought.

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm so sorry Neal. I agree it sounds like someone familiar with your place but young and immature enough that they didn't know which were the best to take. I'll keep my eagle eye out on our CL here too....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That is terrible, I just have a question and I am not criticizing, but do you have any way of ID'ing them? Like a micro chip or something? I believe it might also be an inside job (not making fun here). I will keep my eyes peeled for anyone selling tortoises that are that species.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
That is BS!!! I would have a heart attack!You should put up camera's equipped with shotguns? (trying to lighten up the mood). Craigslist should be your prime site to check...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That just sucks Neal. I hope you find the culprit and I hope they get punished... HARD. I'll keep an eye out this way. Never know who they might contact about moving their stolen merchandise.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
gosh, so sorry. that would kill me. you need a camera, and dont tell anyone! also a big dog sounds like a good thing! i hope you get them back! i think this world is full of buttheads! stealing a pet just makes me so mad!!! good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.