Atlanta, GA - Looking to add a new baby

HerpMS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orlando, FL.
Hey everyone! I currently have a Russian and Greek tortoise. I am absolutely in love with them! I actually found my Russian tortoise in my backyard about a year ago and took her in, and then purchased my Greek tortoise to see if they would get along. Needless to say I'm hooked!

I would love to add another tort baby to my family, but I would really like to adopt one instead of buy one. I would like to find one that stays pretty small (no Sulcatas or anything gigantic like that).

I live just north of Atlanta and would be willing to drive and meet anyone in the nearby areas, or pay for shipping if you think that's something safe.

Thanks so much! I hope someone has good news for me :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi HerpMS:

If your Russian and Greek tortoises are living together in an indoor habitat, then I must say, you've been pretty lucky. Russian tortoises don't play well with others. And its really not a good idea to mix species.

HerpMS

5 Year Member
Orlando, FL.
Thank you! When I first brought my Greek tortoise home I knew that it was likely they would each need their own home. She was so pretty that I couldn't resist though! When I first introduced them they weren't too interested in each other. Mostly they just stayed on opposite sides of the enclosure. But after I placed them together a little longer each day they started seeming like they didn't mind each other at all.

Now they're always near each other, they sleep in the same house (even though they have multiple ones to choose from) and they eat off the same plate.