ben_007

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i want to adopt a tortoise, any tortoise is ok for me. thx

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
you really need to research what different torts require and how large you want your tort to be. There are some that are 6 inches and then thare are some (sulcata/spur thigh) that could be 2-3 feet and a hundred pounds or so at adulthood. Also, different torts have different requirements. If you are in the city, I would suggest you getting a russian tortoise. They stay smaller and are full of personality. I have often seen some listed on craigslist. There is also a long island turtle/tortoise rescue (i think thats the name-you could google it). Make sure you are ready for your tort first with basking lights, uv, food etc. before you acquire one. You don't want them to get sick.

ben_007

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i already have basking light, uvb5, CERAMIC INFRARED HEAT EMITTER, heat pad, and a humitdifiter.also three different band name tort food. russian and greek is good for me, and i have a back yard. they can stay in there during summer

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
try checking the local animal shelters as well as local classified ads. you could also try posting a wanted in our Wanted Forum
you're going to want to use manufactured foods very seldom. try to feed fresh greens and weeds - which types will vary depending on the type of tortoise you adopt. do plenty of research and you should be in good shape!

Status
Not open for further replies.