Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Since Kymiie did such a realistic job on her pumpkin, I thought y'all might enjoy this picture:

turtlepumpkin-1.jpg

Rebecca from the African Tortoise Group carved it. Maybe not quite as realistic as Kymiie's pumpkin, but pretty nice anyway!

Yvonne

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
That is a great likeness of Dudley! I am sure he was proud to be the subject of such a work of art. I especially like the way the tortoise scutes are not carved all the way through, but by scraping away the rind so thin that the light shines through. Very skillful, that.:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
NO!! I'd really like to take credit for it, but I stole it from the African Tortoise site.

Yvonne

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
So Dudley posed for the African web site?

I guess if you picked the pattern, you can take credit for that. I commend Rebecca for doing the grunt work--all those slimy strings and seeds, and shaping the lid just right so it doesn't fall through and smother the candle...

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for sharing Yvonne!! Rebecca is a very talented carver. I don't see anywhere in your post where the pumpkin is based on Dudley - it wasn't, was it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
katesgoey said:
Thanks for sharing Yvonne!! Rebecca is a very talented carver. I don't see anywhere in your post where the pumpkin is based on Dudley - it wasn't, was it?

No. :D

Yvonne

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awwwww how cool is that ! I love seeing how you all celebrate Halloween, its a very very new thing for me ! In SA, we never celebrated it!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
emysemys said:
katesgoey said:

No. :D

Yvonne

Oh. How does Dudley feel about your using some other tortoise model on your pumpkin?

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
I did want my pumpkin to look like that, but I actually thought it would be hard. So crush ''my tortoise'' became ''my guinpig''
Lol!!
Thanks xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.