An Update On Marley

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
Hey everyone,

Doesn't seem like I've given an update for ages now! I've been very busy and haven't had much time for the forum lately :(

Just thought I'd see how all my leopard lovers were doing and give an update on Marley!

He's not looking too pretty at the moment as he's going through his black phase, and the photos aren't great I'm afraid, but here's some pics! He's a veeeeeery slow grower!

4qppj5.jpg

35ku70o.jpg

Current age: 26 months
Current weight: 1330grams
Current length: 184mm
Current width: 127mm

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Just beautiful! Black phase and still gorgeous lol. I actually like dark leopards alot but your guy is all around beautiful. Job well done

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Aww! I think he's beautiful either way!

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I wouldn't consider 7 inches at 2 1/6 years slow at all, especially for a PBB. That's a growth of about 2.5 inches per year, which is rather fast. Mine has grown 1.75 in the past year, and she'll be 24 months in February (so assumedly 4.75" around the time she's 26 months old).

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: An Update On Marley

Mgridgaway said:
I wouldn't consider 7 inches at 2 1/6 years slow at all, especially for a PBB. That's a growth of about 2.5 inches per year, which is rather fast. Mine has grown 1.75 in the past year, and she'll be 24 months in February (so assumedly 4.75" around the time she's 26 months old).

Well it's slow compared to the ones raised humid. Just to compare mine is 6" at 18mo. old.

Marley is awesome. Thanks for the update :)

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Yep, he would have probably been an even faster grower if he was raised in high humidity for his first year; but I dont think he was. I'm guessing he was raised in about 50-60% humidity judging by the amount of pyramiding he came with. I got him at 12 months old and since then his humidity has been from 50-80%. I love him even with his 'bumps' :)

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Mine has been grown humid since I've owned her. She had some slight pyramiding when I got her but it's mostly smoothed out now (newer growth is growing more flat). She was about 8 months old at that point, and right around 2.75 inches/100g (10/3/12). Now, as of today, she's close to 4.75" (4.65-4.75") and 345g (she put on 35g in 19 days!). So close to 2" for the year. I'll assume she'll hit 5" by the time she's 2 (about 3 months from now).

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Marley is a quiet, peaceful tort with not much personality. He just likes to lie around and wait for his food! But he seems happy so I'm happy :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi Marley! Good to see ya!