am I the only OCD crazy person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
So I'm feeding my russian girl Tori and she walks up to her slate with moist substrate stuck between her claws. I cannot stand it. She goes to rip pieces with them and the coir gets all over the greens. AHH I know it's not a huge problem, but it just gets to me haha.

Tempted to feed her outside her enclosure only, after wiping the soil/coir/sand off her. Does anyone feed in separate cage only?

moswen

5 Year Member
oh i TOTALLY know what you mean, i switched to straight cypress mulch because how irritating coco coir is. it gets EVERYWHERE! lol, if i only had one tort i would be doing that. i think it might be a little more impossible with all 6 of mine though!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
At least she's not pooping all over her dinner plate. That drives me nuts.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I wish they only got dirt on their food, mine love to poop on the food half the time, so a little dirt would not bother me.

Jerseynox

5 Year Member
se michigan
you are not alone
i get that(forrest moss) when i feed live stuff to my boxies if only the live food would stay still on the dinner plate
i always have the urge to reach in and clean it off for them

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I can not stand when they get dirt on them. I can handle a little substate on the food, but I hate dirt. I also hate when they walk or sit in the middle of their food. You are not alone:)

Homerist

10 Year Member!
I don't like the green stain on the mouth after my star munch on dark greens...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I spray mine with filtered rainwater AFTER their soaks every day.

colormyworld

5 Year Member
New York, NY
Ah my girl Ávila is pooping in her water every time I change it. And yes I am slightly or not so slightly OCD!

jrholls

5 Year Member
Maine
I laid down a bed of timothy hay and set my russians food dish on that. Even if she comes from her water dish, through a mix of sand/choir, then up onto her food dish, she brings very little substrate with her. You get a little timothy hay on the dish, but she just eats it or ignores it. Plus the hay is easy to pick up and replace if she poops on it. I'm learning that theres pretty much nothing you can do to avoid tortoise poop on the food dish. It seems like her favorite place to go. Uggg.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I couldn't take it anymore. I've been back and forth with feeding in and out of the enclosure. I tried it with cypress but the coir is still getting on it. So now I'm soaking in separate smaller bin then emptying water and feeding in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.