Ackie monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmt123

5 Year Member
I am looking to get an ackie monitor I just can't find one below250$ any one know where to find one for a better price.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Actually $250 is a good price for a yellow ackie and very good price for a red. The real hit comes with the correct housing.

bmt123

5 Year Member
What is the big hit I thought it was the monitor.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
With ackies you need deep burrowing substrate, a sizeable secure enclosure (I say 4 x 2 x 4), proper heating and basking areas.An excellant caresheet is found on www.proexotics.com/careackies

bmt123

5 Year Member
I have the enclosure almost done it is thoughes dimensions.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You should be worried about getting super healthy thriving animals, not a few bucks one way or the other. The health and quality of the animal should be priority number one. Price is way down the line...

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tom said:
You should be worried about getting super healthy thriving animals, not a few bucks one way or the other. The health and quality of the animal should be priority number one. Price is way down the line...

What he said.

Look at it this way. It doesn't matter how much money you saved on the animal itself if you wind up spending three times the purchase price on vet bills because your "great deal" turned out to be sick/diseased. In the long run, it's cheaper to just suck it up and spend a few extra bucks on a healthy, well-started animal from a highly reputable breeder.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Floof said:
Tom said:

Look at it this way. It doesn't matter how much money you saved on the animal itself if you wind up spending three times the purchase price on vet bills because your "great deal" turned out to be sick/diseased.

Those are some WISE words.

Status
Not open for further replies.