A Visit With Kim, Charlie and Lucy from TRN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
2012-12-03 14.32.49.jpg2012-12-03 13.47.21.jpg2012-12-03 13.47.09.jpg2012-12-03 13.47.09.jpg2012-12-03 14.32.43.jpgAs anyone knows who has been following the Tortoise Rescue Network. Their last rescue of the year was the the two sulcatas that i have been following for quite some time. I have kept in contact with Kim on these two. And she so graciously invited me over to her home to visit with her and the two badly pyramided sulcatas. By the way she named them. One was named Charlie. And one was named Lucy. Yes, the cartoon, and very fitting i must add..Upon arriving at her home i felt very welcomed, i even got a homemade gift. What a great person we have here... I brought a bag full of greens from the garden and some pumpkin. Which later found out that that they couldnt get enough of... Kim brought both Charlie and Lucy out front , thats where all the yummy green grass was. Upon my observation...Lucy is slightly pyramided. Somewhat shy. She is a real sweetheart. Very active. I did not notice anything wrong with her in any way. I was there observing them for 2 hours. She since is adopted and i know wherever she is going the new owners will be very happy...Charlie....oh...Beloved Charlie. He stole my heart. Im telling you if i had the room for him he would be mine. But realistically i just dont have the room for 2 sulcatas. My observations on Charlie. Yes he has pyramiding, he has MBD. But that does not stop him in any way. He was more active then Lucy..and his personality...just so loving. He isnt afraid of anything. If his shell wasnt so funky, you would never know anything was wrong with him. I had to really keep an eye on him because he was like a toddler wanting to get into everything...by the end of my visit i can say Charlie pooped me out...my moral to this story is that this guy is really needing a forever home..he is very active, he has a wonderful personality. And Thank you To Kim for letting me come to visit. And the beautiful gift. You are a very caring thoughtful person. There are not many of you out there anymore. As of this morning, i guess Lucy is still available...

Attachments

• 2012-12-03 13.47.57.jpg
    2012-12-03 13.47.57.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
Thanks! They are so sweet! They will both be headed to Florida to stay with Shellysmom until their forever home is found! Any on in Florida interested of else where please contact Shellysmom. Sadly I don't have the space set up for Charlie and Lucy to stay with me for a long period of time so I must send them to Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.