A treat for chocolate lovers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Galaxy far, far away...
I'm a chocolate lover, as are the other members of my family.

I've always been, primarily, a milk chocolate guy. With all the hype about the health benefits of dark chocolate, I have made a rather focused attempt to try and like dark chocolate. Until recently, i just wasn't having it.

Enter the Lindt Excellence: A Touch of Sea Salt Dark chocolate bar.

I will say that this is the best piece of commercially produced, readily available chocolate that I have ever eaten. The "touch of sea salt" adds an awesome yet delicate salty twist to the dark chocolate.

My chocolate intake has been changed forever.

I recommend this chocolate to anyone even mildly interested in chocolate.

Also of note in the Lindt Excellence line are the Intense Orange Dark and the Intense Mint Dark. Both well worth a taste. Also, the Chili Dark is pretty interesting: a strong dark with a spicy follow up.

So what's your favorite chocolate?

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
We have a local chocolate maker here that does everything from meeting with the farmers who grow the beans, to roasting them and then making the chocolate. It is called Askinosie chocolate. It is expensive but good, I only get it at Christmas and give it as gifts. I am not a real dark chocolate lover, but really like their Peppermint Bark. Great chocolate but at 8 -10 bucks a bar it is pretty expensive.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Where are you located? And Can I be on your Christmas list?

Cfr200 said:
We have a local chocolate maker here that does everything from meeting with the farmers who grow the beans, to roasting them and then making the chocolate. It is called Askinosie chocolate. It is expensive but good, I only get it at Christmas and give it as gifts. I am not a real dark chocolate lover, but really like their Peppermint Bark. Great chocolate but at 8 -10 bucks a bar it is pretty expensive.

Just placed an order. Seems like you aren't the only one who likes the peppermint bark, it was all sold out!

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
CtTortoise said:
Where are you located? And Can I be on your Christmas list?

Just placed an order. Seems like you aren't the only one who likes the peppermint bark, it was all sold out!

They only seem to make it around Christmas time, so mark your calender for the middle of November and then you will be able to order some.
As for the Christmas list I have to see, how the money goes this year.
I grew up in Monroe Ct about 10 miles north of Bridgeport, but have not lived there for a long time. My sister sill lives in Ct, I go back every few years to see her. Ct is a nice place but too expensive to me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
CtTortoiseMom said:
Cadbury Creme Egg's are my favorite.

Absolutely LOVE the lion in the bunny ears!!!

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Cfr200 said:
I grew up in Monroe Ct about 10 miles north of Bridgeport, but have not lived there for a long time.

Small world. I grew up just down the road in Stratford. We now live about an hour north of Monroe up in the northwest corner!

terryo said:
Russell Stover....anything! I am addicted.

You just can't go wrong with good ole Russell Stover!

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
CtTortoiseMom said:
Cadbury Creme Egg's are my favorite.

They are my favorite too! We've already had 3 boxes this year :D I'm also a sixlets & peanut butter m&m fan, and I like reeses cups, choc. truffles of any variety, york peppermint patties and . . . can ya tell I have a sweet tooth?!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I crave the taste of chocolate but don't like sweet. I enjoy Lindt 85% Cocoa; it's very good with very dry cabernet. I like Ghirardelli's Midnight Reverie, good also with cabernet, but it does have a bit of an aftertaste that I don't appreciate. A recent discovery is Dove Dark with merlot. Excellent!!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am trying to kick the chocolate habit. Love Lindt, Godiva,Ghirdelli, Dove and many others. For some reason I hate Russell Stover.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoise said:
Enter the Lindt Excellence: A Touch of Sea Salt Dark chocolate bar.

I will say that this is the best piece of commercially produced, readily available chocolate that I have ever eaten. The "touch of sea salt" adds an awesome yet delicate salty twist to the dark chocolate.

My chocolate intake has been changed forever.

I recommend this chocolate to anyone even mildly interested in chocolate.

Also of note in the Lindt Excellence line are the Intense Orange Dark and the Intense Mint Dark. Both well worth a taste. Also, the Chili Dark is pretty interesting: a strong dark with a spicy follow up.

So what's your favorite chocolate?

I am not much of a chocolate lover, a piece once a month fills all my cravings for it. However after reading this, I want chocolate! :D Refresh my memory, Lindt is the ones that come in the little sack like bags that sit upright and like WalMart sells them, right? Little bars? If so, I love the peppermint bark ones. The mint ones are second choice. I normally get a couple of bags of the bark at Christmas .. and even manage to give as gifts a bag or two of it, before it magically disappears. :rolleyes::D

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Jacqui said:
I am not much of a chocolate lover, a piece once a month fills all my cravings for it. However after reading this, I want chocolate! :D Refresh my memory, Lindt is the ones that come in the little sack like bags that sit upright and like WalMart sells them, right? Little bars? If so, I love the peppermint bark ones. The mint ones are second choice. I normally get a couple of bags of the bark at Christmas .. and even manage to give as gifts a bag or two of it, before it magically disappears. :rolleyes::D
Lindt also makes large bars, supposed to be 2-3 servings. When I am indulging in chocolate, these are what I buy. But I only eat 1 square at a time, so the large bar makes 8 servings for me, lasts a long time.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Lindt makes a wide variety of chocolates. The "balls" or Truffles are probably their most popular. We use them to make fondue and we use them in our cheesecake recipe.

The larger bars, their Excellence line, are just awesome. Like Edna said, they are divided into 8 squares which makes for easy portion control. Again, in my opinion the "Touch of Sea Salt" is the best in the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.