a couple pics of Ed and Edie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Here are a couple pics from yesterday ....they had been out for about and hour so sprayed them after their sun and laps time before brought them in....and we only had one roll over this outing ...lol

Attachments

• 2012-06-10_15-43-55_779.jpg
    2012-06-10_15-43-55_779.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 2012-06-10_15-44-33_173.jpg
    2012-06-10_15-44-33_173.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 2012-06-10_15-45-03_5.jpg
    2012-06-10_15-45-03_5.jpg
    787 KB · Views: 38

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Have they been having a nice steady weight gain since you got them? They are looking good..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Have they been having a nice steady weight gain since you got them? They are looking good..

Hmmm? I did not even think about weighing them when they moved in??? They looked good, felt good....so just went from there....lol

They feel like little boulders...they have alert and open clear eyes...they are eating like champs every day (I have been soaking their greens by misting with each meal to assure extra water intake as I do with all of the torts here) along with soaks ....they are out in the sun at least 4 to five times a week for at the least an hour a day, usually a bit longer....they book around the entire time outside and they are even now brave in their enclosure (of course if I happen to walk by and peek into their enclosure (the big headed monster) that blows it for them for awhile before they venture out again in their enclosure...lol)

And thanks :D I find it very interesting the Bigreds offspring (Edie) is fairly dark all around her skirt...and Princess offspring (Ed) had a perfectly blonde skirt all the way around...and Edie has a bit higher dome than Ed...I am loving the differences and watching the way they are....Ed is still the more outgoing one---although Edie bumps round and checks things out there is a slight difference in personality...I also put them out sometimes individually for their sun time, wanted to see how they act when solo---trying to maintain a gauge as they grow to assure personality is all that is their own and not subtle signs of bullying---anyway, Edie is confident and outgoing both when she is around Ed as well as when she is by herself...although I did notice that Edie does not have as many roll overs when she is solo...likely because she is not hauling but and using Ed as a launch ramp....lol :p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I had a little deeper water bowl for mine in there inside enclosure and I used it when I put them outside and the would flip getting in and out of it while in there outside enclosure but not while inside, it scared me so I replaced it with a shallow terra cotta dish, They seemed to like the deeper one better but I have to play it safe until they get bigger. They also keep there distance from each other inside and out unless they are eating...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thanks all....I so wish I could take the credit for such beauties...but it is all Bigred, Princess and their counter parts and of course facilitated by their human Pops....:D I am just lucky to enjoy their journey....

Dmarcus, I soak them each morning and heavily (dripping off to be exact) mist water on their food pile to assure hydration along with soaking the substrate below their day heat lamp/night heat lamp and a couple mists during the day and if they are outside they get sneak attack misting....lol...

I feel that they are too small and not very well balanced, to have a water dish in their enclosure full time....I do put one in their for awhile when I am home...but they both drink in their soaks and their enclosure is good...so for awhile longer I will continue to hydrate them through all other ways outside of leaving an unmanned water dish....lol....freaks me out and I have found one of the other older RFs completely upside down in her dish (luckily the water was not too deep and she was able to lay her head on the edge of the dish vs in the water itself....so, I will just have to continue my due diligence on the soaking...until they are a bit older..and a little more balanced... :D

I do put one in their for awhile when I am home...

Oh my gosh...apologies for my mis use of the underlined word....should have been there....I can not believe I did this, it is one of my biggest pet peeves....lol :p

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Wow you are such the good tort Mom. I dont think they could be getting any better care. I know my adults love to be sprayed on a hot day. That usually put them into a mating frenzy. Its great to see those little guys and they are so much fun.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I know my adults love to be sprayed on a hot day.

So true! It is funny, when I am out by two of the CDTs enclosures at one side of my property (the two yard enclosures are a few feet away from one another) and I turn on the hose and begin to let it flush the prior days water away ( I believe that Ghamara feels the vibration above his burrow) and then I fan the water over both yards back and forth, the two come out like zombies looking to attack....very funny :D But they don't get to do the mating frenzy....:p:p:p:p:p But they do leer at me and I can read their minds "go get us yummies---NOOOOWWWWW" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.