A California Meet and Greet...

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
@keepergale has told me he won't be able to make it. So @Dizisdalife and I in a four seat car leaving from northern San Diego, still one or two seats available in my car. I'm guessing Bob won't mind one or two more.

@Tom , when do you think you'll know about an earlier meet-up for breakfast, 9-ish that morning at 126/101? I know you're a busy man, but some little bit of notice would be welcome.

Just to make the weekend more tortoise-y. I have a double Group-On ticket for one day entry at the Reptile Super Show in downtown San Diego. Glad to 'get someone in' if they want to meet there sometime Sunday Morning. It cost $8. and something cents, those Group-Ons can be great sometimes.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
We won't be able to make it. :( :(
The new tort enclosure is not even close to being even livable yet.
I don't feel comfortable having the pet sitter lifting 50# torts in and out of and old enclosure:(
This is not good. I thought we can finally meet face to face. That makes me a little sad. :(:(

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
This is not good. I thought we can finally meet face to face. That makes me a little sad. :(:(
I was looking forward to it too :(
I'm really hoping that the tort enclosure will be at a safe point by the next tort gathering.
I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you guys face to face really soon :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There are only two days left for planning. I'm going to include all the folks who have said they're coming, on a PM so we can exchange a few cell phone numbers. @dmmj : Where are you. Will has some room in his car and I think your wheel chair will fit in the back. He's coming up from San Diego.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
What are the details for this?
I would like to try!
Is it this weekend?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I would like to try!
Is it this weekend?
Yes. It is this weekend Kathy

Page 4 or this thread have the address but here you go:

Bob Thomas
313 E. Ormonde Road
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
(805) 481-5222

We all try to be there by noon or little before. Per Yvonne; we will go in as a group. After the tour, we will all may go to a bar and grill with outdoor shaded seating for lunch.

Sure hope you can make it.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I would like to try!
Is it this weekend?
Hi, yes you are very welcome to ride with Ken and I. We, Ken and I will be heading out 5-ish, so that if anyone else from south going north wants to, we can have breakfast at the junction of 101 and 126. My details are sent in a PM.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Tom - we still don't have your info (phone # and address).

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Have fun everyone!
Please post lots of pics!
I'm hoping to join everyone on the next adventure:D

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
Wish I could be in California with you guys. I'm all the way over in Illinois.:(

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Looking forward to what you guys end up sharing!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There were five cameras/devices clicking away making pictures, so I'll only post a few, as I'm sure the others will post too.

We had a nice group - Bouaboua and Irene, Kathyth and husband, and Will. It was great. You really should have gone. We got there on time and were greeted by our host, Bob Thomas. as we walked up to the house, I snapped a few pictures of the property. First Steven showing off his new T-Shirt, then Irene as she tried to get away from us and make the 'tour' on her own, then a shot from the front of the house and the others are panning left to right from the balcony:

trip b.jpg

trip c.jpg

trip e.jpg

trip g.jpg trip h.jpg trip i.jpg

Here's Kathy looking at the cute little alpacas:

trip d.jpg

This is Bob Thomas telling us about one of his tortoises:

trip f.jpg

I'm sure the others in the group got good tortoise shots, so I'll let them put up their pictures of the animals.

We went to lunch in Arroyo Grande and had a great time visiting and getting to know each other. Then we made the trip over to Magic Mountain area and met up with Tom.

You should see some of his leopard tortoises. They're huge. His 2010 SA leopards are way bigger than mine. As I previously said, I'll let the others post animals pictures.

Tom's wife prepared a delicious meal for us and we sat around a visited until we had way over-stayed our welcome.

You'll all be glad to know, I made it home safe and sound and Misty was just fine and none the worse for wear. I had a great time and got to meet some really nice people, and all you SoCal folks that didn't go should be kicking yourselves.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
all you SoCal folks that didn't go should be kicking yourselves.
Or if you're shy, come to Oregon and I'll be glad to do the kicking for you. Yvonne, I'm so glad this happened as well as planned. It seems to me with all of us tortoise/turtle folks scattered here and there that we should do regional meetings annually.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Or if you're shy, come to Oregon and I'll be glad to do the kicking for you. Yvonne, I'm so glad this happened as well as planned. It seems to me with all of us tortoise/turtle folks scattered here and there that we should do regional meetings annually.

A few years back, there were some being planned but it seemed like interest waned and most didn't actually happen.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/tfos-fourth-anniversary-west-coast-get-together.29184/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/tfos-fourth-anniversary-arizona-get-together.29289/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/tfos-fourth-anniversary-pacific-nw-get-together.29551/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/tfos-fourth-anniversary-texas-and-neighbors-get-together.29377/