100 watt bulb

Chasetort

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hello guys I have a 100 watt heat bulb which is about 10 inches away from my Russian tortious which she also has a basking rock under her lamp is that enough heat for her?

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Ideally you want a ceramic bulb on a thermostat and then set the temp and add a timer for on / off . Ensure under lamp there is space to bask and a low rock as they like to rest their head.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ideally you want a ceramic bulb on a thermostat and then set the temp and add a timer for on / off . Ensure under lamp there is space to bask and a low rock as they like to rest their head.
Actually a incandescent flood bulb is what one wants and should use for basking. Light like the sun will attract them to it to bask.
A ceramic heat emitter is good for added all over heat if needed

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello guys I have a 100 watt heat bulb which is about 10 inches away from my Russian tortious which she also has a basking rock under her lamp is that enough heat for her?
A incandescent flood bulb is what you want for basking but 10 inches seems a bit too close. Put a thermometer under it at tortoise height and let it sit for an hour or so and see how hot it gets. Should get 95-100. If too hot move the bulb further away
A ceramic heat emitter is good for added all over heat as the enclosure should range from 75-80 except the basking area.