What kind of tortoise is this? And what gender?

Rovolthro

Location (City and/or State)
Las Piñas
Not questioning that you actually bought him from a pet store, but I heard that it wasn't legal to sell turtles under 4 inches in a pet store. Maybe that's just for turtles and not torts. Although I've never seen hatchlings at the pet store. Anybody know what the legal size is in America? I don't know if your in the USA or not though. But he is definitely adorable!
I bought him in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. "But he is definitely adorable!" Tnx anyways!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
@tortgirl123 you'll be surprise! i've seen not multiple pet shops that sold torts under the 4 inch size at pet stores! It saddens me to see it because they are being brought up the wrong way... There was this one time a sulcata hatchling was housed with a Ibera hatchling... and yes here in the US.

tortgirl123

Yea it definitely is sad. I was at petsmart yesterday getting some Eco earth, of course I had to stop and see the tortoises. There was a hermanns, I'd say he was a juvenile, he was being kept in a ten gallon tank. Pyramiding showing, and some gross multi colored pellet food. Really felt bad for the guy...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jlant85 gave you good information.