Weird skin on eye?

Dc92

Location (City and/or State)
Norfolk
Hi,

I have just posted something different for my tort and upon checking on her on the way to bed I noticed something funny on her eye.

I’ve had her for 3 years and still worry I don’t look after her properly. I have attached an image, I think there’s a grain of her soil stuck the part in question. It’s like an extra bit of skin? Can someone offer any help? Thanks!

98052EE6-7208-4779-BA43-729CECCD8412.png

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
What's the lighting like for this tort?

I have no idea what this is, but it reminds me of a pterygium. People can get a growth that starts at the edge of the eye that grows inward. It's apparently caused by excessive exposure to UV light with some dryness component involved. My buddy who hiked the PCT got one as a result of losing his sunglasses on the trail and going without for like a month of the hike.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
It might just be a bit of mucus in her eye. Use a damp Kleenex and gently wipe it toward the inner corner of the eye. See if it moves.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
This tort looks extremely dry. I would soak it immediately. And repeat often

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hi,

My tortoise I bathed daily for 30 mins to 60 mins.

Thanks
Your tort is that dirty? LOL...You soak your tortoise for hydration, and one like him could probably not need daily soaks. Tortoises and turtles generally drink when you first put them in the water, unless your tortoise is sick there's no need to soak that often or that long.

Dc92

Norfolk
Your tort is that dirty? LOL...You soak your tortoise for hydration, and one like him could probably not need daily soaks. Tortoises and turtles generally drink when you first put them in the water, unless your tortoise is sick there's no need to soak that often or that long.

My tortoise lives in a tortoise substrate which is moist, sticks to her legs and leaves things brown looking. My tortoise is soaked daily as for some reason she will not poo unless soaked and poo’s daily. There is no need for LOL - each tortoise is different, thanks for your unhelpful comment.