WATERY eyes!

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
My Bubble's eyes are suddenly watery! His enclosure is 80 degrees, humidity 85. No coil bulb. Nothing IN eye. He's eating and exploring just fine. :/

Can Torts catch colds from humans? I'm a Pre-K Teacher so I work in a germ factory.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410040864.372260.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Redfooted tortoises and sulcatas sometimes do have watery eyes. Its the nature of the beast, and not a health problem. In fact, sulcatas are sometimes called the Crying Tortoise because of the watery eyes. It has to do with humidity/moisture in the habitat and how hot the tortoise is.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
My reds have watery eyes, too. Humidity and temps are in the right range and they all drink and soak themselves well enough. I agree with Yvonne.. you have nothing to worry about. Your baby just wants to see you panic :p

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
His eyes are clear today but now I'm getting skeptical eyes.... :D:p like uuuuuh is she going to pick me up and look at my face for a long time again???????ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410211896.032431.jpg

Angry._.potato

Phoenix
Redfooted tortoises and sulcatas sometimes do have watery eyes. Its the nature of the beast, and not a health problem. In fact, sulcatas are sometimes called the Crying Tortoise because of the watery eyes. It has to do with humidity/moisture in the habitat and how hot the tortoise is.

This explains everything because my baby sulcatas is acting relatively normal. He eats, bathes in the UVA/UVB light bulb, etc. His eyes bubble sometimes, but other times it's not even there. Maybe I'll make my enclosure more humid?