Two New Additions to My Family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
I GOT MY LEOPARD GECKOS! :D I got the mack snow that I wanted but then when I was at PetSmart getting my last touches to my tank I seen an albino that was in way to harsh lighting....I may not be an expert on geckos but it's common knowledge that you don't have super harsh day time lights on albinos of any species....I felt bad for him and bought him as well....they're both too young to sex but if they're both males then I'll just separate later lol. My mack snow is named Tartarus and my albino is named Atlantis :)

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Thanks! So excited! I just brought them home and put them in their pen a few hours ago! They are slowly venturing out to explore lol.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Within 24 hours of them being in their new enclosure they were both eating crickets like it was the best thing in the world. They both ate 3 and someone ate the 4th, not sure which one though lol.

Vegasarah

5 Year Member
Leos are great, I have two. They make a great pet, and I recommend them to anyone who wants to try their hand at reptile keeping. Keep a close eye on their eating, though. If keeping them on sand or crushed walnut, I might recommend feeding them outside their tank. Accidental ingestion can cause impaction which is super dangerous and often fatal. I take this risk away by feeding both of mine separately one at a time in a plastic tub and let them hunt down their crickets, mealworms, or dubia roaches. I feed them at the same time every day and they get on a schedule very quickly! Better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.