Triple Crown World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
Well my husband and youngest son are in Utah at the Triple Crown World Series. I am home with the teenager and animals :( and going crazy! I just found out they got their second win. Go SD Gamers!!!
So far my boy has played Catcher and Left Field. No news on how he is hitting yet. Both games were close. I had to share :)

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
good luck to you guys (Prayer to the LORD will Help)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Thanks! They lost yesterday. So seeded 16th in pool play. Today they play at 2pm. My son is struggling with the bat. At the last tournament his bat was on fire. Three over the fence home runs and a lot of singles and doubles.
Guru~ I pray that they play safe and for good additudes from the player and coaches, but do not feel it is right to pray for a win. I do pray a lot though :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Well yesterday they lost :( so today they have to play 4 games and win ALL of them to stay in the tourney. So far they have won three. My son pitched the 2nd and only gave up one hit. He got 10 straight strike outs :). My husband just call to let me know Landon got his first grand slam :) :) The fence is 250 feet where it went over and it went 50 feet past the fence. Needles to say I am a very proud mom right now :). This probably bores most people, but I still had to share....okay brag :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
They won all 4 games. They play tomorrow. They have one loss from yesterday and it is a two lose ellemination. So if they don't keep winning they come home.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
Angi said:
They won all 4 games. They play tomorrow. They have one loss from yesterday and it is a two lose ellemination. So if they don't keep winning they come home.

That's great! Hope they win it tomorrow! Sending good vibes their way! :D

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
So they had 5 games to win to take the champianship Saturday and they lost the third. Because of their early loss,( which can happen in a tournament when you have an easy team to play and you try to save your pitching)they had to really battle to get back. There is a lot of stratagy involved in baseball and tournaments can be tricky because each kid is only allowed to pitch so many innings. This tourney was 6. In travel ball it is very inportant to have a lot of kids that can pitch. Anyway they took third place in divission 2. Not great, but not too bad and they had a lot of fun doing non baseball Utah stuff like rafting and fishing. It was a good vacation for my son and husband. For me too actually. The son that went is my extravert. He is a fun kid......but he is loud, talks all the time, is always hungry and seems to leave a mess in his path.

Status
Not open for further replies.