treated seed..????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
waco tx
yesterday i bought a bare spot mixture from lowes.. it contains-gulf annual rye grass, justice tall fescue, boreal red fescue, annual blue grass,, hairy chess((which i havent heard of)), and curly dock...i planted it(in seperate container than their buffet tub) and i know it is treated.. it is treated with-Apron XL LS fungicide. the active ingredients are-(R)[2,6-dimethylphenyl)-methoxacetylamino]-propionic acid methy ester*(commonly known as Mefenoxam or Metalaxy-m). my question is how long do i have to wait before it is safe for my sulcatas to eat.
p.s. i washed the seed before i put it in the soil just to get as many chemicals off of it as possible....

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hmm, good question: you know, often there are telephone numbers on products that will allow you to comment or ask questions; I bet the mfg. company could answer that question ~

Good Luck
Purpod

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
waco tx
purpod said:
Hmm, good question: you know, often there are telephone numbers on products that will allow you to comment or ask questions; I bet the mfg. company could answer that question ~

Good Luck
Purpod
you are right.. i called them yesterday after i posted this message, and they said that the chemicals only last long enough for the seed to sprout, and that when the seed starts to grow it should be safe, but i think i am going to wait at least 2 weeks after the seed sprouts to be on the safe side...

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Xllnt; glad to hear it.

The seeds I use are from Carolina Pet Supply and they are free of any chemicals, and they sprout within only a few days... if you'd like, I can send you a small amount for your to try.

Actually, they are having a sale on prickly pears right now which I am gonna go for; only 4.95 a pound... sounds reasonable to me if I do not have to de-spine them, lol!

You know, they might know if that that "Hairy chess" is safe for torts to ingest: couldn't hurt to ask, anyways ~

And yes, waiting an additional two weeks is prolly a good idea too.

Be blessed,
Purpod

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
waco tx
purpod said:
Xllnt; glad to hear it.

The seeds I use are from Carolina Pet Supply and they are free of any chemicals, and they sprout within only a few days... if you'd like, I can send you a small amount for your to try.

Actually, they are having a sale on prickly pears right now which I am gonna go for; only 4.95 a pound... sounds reasonable to me if I do not have to de-spine them, lol!

You know, they might know if that that "Hairy chess" is safe for torts to ingest: couldn't hurt to ask, anyways ~

And yes, waiting an additional two weeks is prolly a good idea too.

Be blessed,
Purpod

yes i would love a sample. and could you send me info on that site as well... thank you so much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.