Tortoise on her back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
I just walked into the kitchen to discover my redfoot tortoise on her back!!!! Is she gonna be ok?! She's breathing really fast and when I flipped her back over she poo'ed and pee'd on herself :(

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Just watch her, its a tramatic event for them when they can't flip back over. After a few minutes they get back to normal depending on how long they were flipped.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
dmarcus said:
Just watch her, its a tramatic event for them when they can't flip back over. After a few minutes they get back to normal depending on how long they were flipped.

She has a habit of climbing on her hide and she always gets back down on her own but right now I have her on newspaper because I'm treating her shell rot and I guess that's why she fell maybe cuz it's so flat in there and no way to grip or whatever idk. She seems fine now.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, she was probably use to the substrate while climbing off her hide. Mine do it when I put them in there ouside enclosure, so I have to constantly check on them. I have found both my box turtles and red foots hatchling flipped over while in there outside enclosure but it's never happened inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.