The wee ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melicia

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South africa
So, i have the little leopard, so cute. the weekend past, the smaller one with the yoke sack started eating!! Whohoo!! Still a bit slowly, but it has started.

They were actually bought for my mother-in-law (who I really like) as she has wanted some for a while. This weekend I am taking them to her, but I have decided to bring the smaller one back. I am still a little concerned about it (one eye keeps shutting). Also, amongst all the threads I have read, I noticed that they do not want company, they like being solitary.

Also, she is not aware of all the work involved(i think). So 1 will be enough for now. But being a good daugter in law, I am passing along all the tort info I have downloaded, along with your forum's address!

Just thought I should add that I am usually VERY opposed to giving animals as presents. (Happy ... , to show I love you, here is something that wants attention, care, feeding, cleaning, a monthly expence etc.) But she really wants one (two actually), is a stay at home wife, is nuts about animals, was a senior theatre sister, and has more patience than anyone I know.

She handreared a african grey chick that fell out of the nest (2 weeks old) etc.

So it is not a unplanned pet!

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
I'm sorry to hear about the one you will be returning, I hope the little bugger pulls through! I hope your mom in law appriciates the gift. I hope she joins the forum and keeps us updated and posts pics!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes, wherever are the photos we have come to expect? Especially of babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.