Sulcata legs

Lord Bowser

Location (City and/or State)
mesa, az
I noticed one of Sheldon’s back leg is smaller than the other one, and is also missing some toes. Is this something to be concerned with? He's about 2 years old. He walks around fine, loves to explore and eats a lot so he doesn't seem to be bothered by it. (we were given him not too long ago and his shell was like that already). sheldonleg1.JPG sheldonleg.JPG sheldonbutt.JPG

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
I noticed one of Sheldon’s back leg is smaller than the other one, and is also missing some toes. Is this something to be concerned with? He's about 2 years old. He walks around fine, loves to explore and eats a lot so he doesn't seem to be bothered by it. (we were given him not too long ago and his shell was like that already). View attachment 268132 View attachment 268133 View attachment 268134
I think it's a defect from when it's was incubated when it was still an egg, I can see from the shell that the incubating temp was too high, or maybe its a genetic defect. I don't think it's a big deal as you said it seems healthy and doesn't seem to be bothered by it too much.

Lord Bowser

mesa, az
I think it's a defect from when it's was incubated when it was still an egg, I can see from the shell that the incubating temp was too high, or maybe its a genetic defect. I don't think it's a big deal as you said it seems healthy and doesn't seem to be bothered by it too much.

Oh ok yea. The guy who gave him to us had 2 others. Their shells were fine. Which is why he wanted to get rid of this one. So probably a genetic defect. Thanks!