Sulcata emptied his shell

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I had a beardie and a monitor lizard years and years ago but i dont remember much of the poop smells. I was always distracted by the one cricket who escaped and taunts you for weeks in your house lol.
Oh I HATE crickets with a passion just for that reason. Well... also because they stink, and have mass die offs at the worst possible times for no apparent reason. I actually stopped keeping any insectivores for a time because I loathed crickets so deeply. I got back into insect eating reptiles again when I discovered the wonderful world of roaches.

BajatheChickenMan

West Virginia
Oh I HATE crickets with a passion just for that reason. Well... also because they stink, and have mass die offs at the worst possible times for no apparent reason. I actually stopped keeping any insectivores for a time because I loathed crickets so deeply. I got back into insect eating reptiles again when I discovered the wonderful world of roaches.
LOL. Roaches? They sound like they'd be even more smelly, no?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
LOL. Roaches? They sound like they'd be even more smelly, no?
Nope. No smell at all. No noise. Tropical ones, like the popular dubia, can't survive for very long if they escape. They don't die off ever. They are very easy to set up in a bin and breed your own. I haven't bought feeder insects in over a decade. I breed my own and sell the excess.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Nope. No smell at all. No noise. Tropical ones, like the popular dubia, can't survive for very long if they escape. They don't die off ever. They are very easy to set up in a bin and breed your own. I haven't bought feeder insects in over a decade. I breed my own and sell the excess.

Well now I have to look up “Dubia roaches”….😣
Sounds more like something you smoke!!
🤨🤨🤨……Tom????…
You have something to confess??

My father used to tell us kids all of the time……
If I see a roach in this house…
I’m gonna make YOU EAT it!!!!!

(Must be why we were always eating out) 😆

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oohhhhh….. HEEEELLZ NO!
Almost the size of a quarter????
They better come already dead 💀!!
I’d be half way to Africa
if one ever escaped !!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2820.png
    IMG_2820.png
    69 KB · Views: 1

BajatheChickenMan

West Virginia
@ryan57 I am quickly realizing your photos are accurate regardless of size. My little guy's turds are already bigger than a front leg. My old lady said I could never have a pet mastiff and I think that may have had something to do with it. Little did she know...

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I had a beardie and a monitor lizard years and years ago but i dont remember much of the poop smells. I was always distracted by the one cricket who escaped and taunts you for weeks in your house lol.
Exactly why I don't feed crickets. If it isn't a rogue cricket it's the smoke alarm battery at 2am 🙄😡

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I used to live in Tulsa Oklahoma. I am a city girl. I am usually not bothered by critters like roaches, but they have a bug that only comes out at night...and it is huge!!! They flatten, I think, themselves somehow and come in under the door. Then they march around creeping me out...I was afraid to go to sleep, cuz whatever it is would also climb across the ceiling then fall on the bed...oh help me sweet Jesus!!! I had a 20 pound cat named Homer...he was also creeped out by them, and would get on the chest of drawers and act wiedered out.
Where's my spel ck...

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I used to live in Tulsa Oklahoma. I am a city girl. I am usually not bothered by critters like roaches, but they have a bug that only comes out at night...and it is huge!!! They flatten, I think, themselves somehow and come in under the door. Then they march around creeping me out...I was afraid to go to sleep, cuz whatever it is would also climb across the ceiling then fall on the bed...oh help me sweet Jesus!!! I had a 20 pound cat named Homer...he was also creeped out by them, and would get on the chest of drawers and act wiedered out.
Where's my spel ck...
🤔 Hmmm. We have a plant that grows here in Jamaica, called locally "Creeping Jesus". I just remembered it upon seeing your post. Could it be ...?

BajatheChickenMan

West Virginia
Also I know most folks say their tortoise will go in their daily soak however, Baby Sal seems to religiously wait until hes back on his stone under the basking light and go right there giving me more to clean. It's happened 6 days in a row now ;p